Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Commitment Phobe

Lots of people say that they're commitment phobes. I believe a lot of them, I mean, it's easy to be scared of commitment. Whether it be a fear of relationship commitment, religious commitment, or job commitment, they all seem to plague us at some point in our lives.

But what happens when someone (like me) is a commitment phobe with EVERYTHING? I mean, everything. I have a hard time listening to an entire song because sometimes I just can't go through with it and I start to wonder about all the other songs in my iTunes library or I start to think about how I love the song currently playing but I want to save it for last so I wait and tell myself I'll listen to it last but then I always seem to forget. So I listen to maybe 3/4 of the song and then I change it. Which really messes with my play count because the most random songs have the most plays because they happen to come up every time my playlist is on shuffle and I'm doing something else and not really paying attention to the music so I don't change it.

Anyways.
Commitment is hard. Once you commit to something it just adds tons of pressure. So much pressure, you see, that you want to just abandon it all.

All of this is leading up to the fact that I have serious commitment phobe with my hair. I dyed it again. It is once again in the blonde family. And, sad to say, but the mullet had to go. It had grown out to this really gross white trash trailer park party in the back and I couldn't control it anymore.


(Does this face remind anyone else of Lucille Bluth?)

Yeah. I just had to get that out there.

2 comments:

Jill said...

I have a hard time committing to things that cost more than $5. Which is a lot of things.

Chrissy Renae said...

this is precisely why committing to korea is so freaking hard. i just don't plan things!