Monday, September 28, 2009

Sunday Sun

It rained yesterday.

I took the bus to church so I didn't have to walk a ton in the rain, but still. I know when winter comes I won't be the happiest. Or the warmest.

About church:

Now, I've never been to a military ward/branch/church service before. So I didn't really know what to expect when I got to the meetinghouse yesterday. Turns out here in Korea, a military branch is pretty darn small. But what they lack in size they make up in zealousness. I'm excited to get to know the people here. And can I just tell you how happy I was just to talk to people? I hadn't really had a real conversation with someone all week. I'm pretty sure there are 4 kids to every adult in the branch, which makes for an eventful meeting. But it does always keep things interesting. And sad to say, I'm pretty sure there were only a three unmarried men in attendance. Looks like I might have to find a native...

I was also quite excited about the fact that there was a branch 'linger longer', potluck style. I feasted on chili and deviled eggs. Yum.

The rest of the day I spent inside. Because of the rain.

But hey, at least Indiana Jones was playing on the English channel here. And not just one-I got the whole trilogy keeping me company.

2 comments:

San Ba Po said...

Cindy, i still see you with a Samoan or Hawaiian man. they have bigger lips to kiss, and they don't smell like kimchi ( I love Korean food, don't get me wrong)

XOXO
Jenn

Jill said...

I would love for you to find a Samoan soulmate in Korea.