Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Cruel Joke

Dear 7-11,

When I first got here, I basked in your familiarity. In a world of BBQ chicken and Family Marts, you had given me a glimpse of the good ol' U.S.A. It took a few days to get used to 7-11 without gas pumps, but I soon forgave you for these shortcomings.

But you are also a cruel, cruel deceiver. Every time I walk past your colorful 7, I immediately have want of a cold fountain drink or, heaven forbid, maybe even a slurpee. I dream of being able to own my own Korean slurpee mug that only would cost 1000 won for a refill. You see, when I think 7-11, I think these things. (and Raj)

Alas, you cannot provide these necessities to me. There are no mugs. There are no slurpees. There is no icy cold Diet Coke. (and there are no day old donuts waiting to be bought). It is a land of cup o' noodles and top ramen.

So while you are good to have around, I would prefer it if we stopped seeing each other. It's just getting too hard. And yes, this means I'll have to find a new way to work in the morning. But it's better this way. For us both.

And while I have your attention, 7-11, will you please tell me why you're the cool place for old Korean men during the evenings/weekends? Your plastic tables and chairs tell me its a commonality, but I just don't get the appeal.

Especially when you're sans slurpees.


Until we meet again (the right way),
Cindy

7 comments:

D said...

That is a travesty. You are a lone voice in the wilderness crying for reform, and it is my prayer that you are heard.

Miss MyKelle J said...

7-11 with no slurpees?! what the? that is just cruel...

Chad and Bekah said...

I love Raj. He was pretty funny and definitely part of the reason I went to 7/11 in provo.

DeeAura said...

I'll get a hot chocolate there today in honor of you. And I'll wear a headband while I do it, too. :)

Viva la Varner said...

That is so messed!!! When I saw the picture of 7-11 all I wanted was a cold diet coke...rip off!!! I can't wait til you get back here and we can go get a cold beverage together!

Momma Elk said...

I drank diet coke last night in honor of you. and I made my roommates eat koeran food last weekend in honor of you. don't worry, we like it.

Jeff said...

the other day i went into a subway (not the metro but the sandwich place) because i heard that they had installed fountain drinks, and they had. but refills were still one euro. lame. but one step closer.