Thursday, October 29, 2009

Epitome of Pathetic

I haven't left my apartment in five days.

This is even more impressive considering my apartment is the size of a closet.

I'm starting to get real antsy. Which perfectly coincides with the fact that I have no more bottled water or food in general, including ice cream bars. Necessities.

There is a local grocery/convenience store probably 100 feet from my apartment building, but that even seems far away. The woman who owns the store is the nicest lady. We have an upstanding waving/hello relationship every time I pass her store, which is every time I go anywhere. And when I went in on Monday, wearing my death mask and reeking of the flu, she even gave me a discount. I think she felt sorry for me. And I accepted being felt sorry for.

COT made a stop by yesterday. It was mostly awkward. She knocked and I opened the door and she stayed three feet beyond the open door the entire time, randomly taking full glances of my apartment. I don't know if she came to see if I was dead, or if I was still sick, or what. But she was obviously afraid of getting too close to me. I haven't really looked in a mirror more than 30 seconds all week, so she could have very well been frightened of my appearance.

Anyways, the conversation included her asking me if I was still sick. Duh. She also came to tell me that our big demo lesson was moved to a later time, which that later time turns out to be my birthday (lucky girl I am-I guess that rules out going to Dublin to see the Backstreet Boys). She also asked if I needed anything, but it was one of those obligation questions and I could tell she didn't want to be any extra help to me. So I said no. And she left.

And thats the most exciting thing that has happened all week. Oh except I was so bored I decided to start working on a music video. But that's really it.

3 comments:

DeeAura said...

BACKSTREET BOYS IN DUBLIN??? Get better PRONTO, girly! You owe it to the rest of us stuck in America to scream your heart out at that show. COME ON! :)

Kristalyn said...

I hope you feel better soon! How long do you have to stay confined? I bet you're going crazy in there. I'm sorry. :(

Elizabeth said...

Poor Cindy! You hang in there little tyke. :)