Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Story of my life

You know those moments when you think you're an absolute genius for figuring something out? And then when you execute your genius plan it turns out to be worse than anything?

My friends, that is the story of my life.

At least it was the story of my tonight.

I decided to go grocery shopping. Like, legit shopping where I buy more than some ice cream and a box of cereal. This is more difficult here, as I don't have a car to just throw all my groceries in and drive off. Ok so I've never actually had my own car. But that's beside the point.

Anyways, I decided I had three options: I could take the bus (mostly) home. I could grab a taxi. Or I could walk.

Since I had "take a walk" already on my list for this evening, I chose option #3. I devised the most excellent plan. I would simply buy one of those little rolly carts like you see old ladies drag around town! It would be a good investment AND I could carry a pretty good amount of junk.

I got to the local LotteMart and began my shopping experience. I was pretty wild, I will admit. I bought cheese!! (This has been the longest I've gone without cheese in my entire life) And a couple plates (up until this point I have been using bowls. It has been fun, but a change of pace was in order). I also enjoyed purchasing some kind of meat patties and Pringles! Yes, my life is that exciting.

I looked for a rolly cart to buy and found the skeleton part, but I needed a bag or basket of some sort to hold my goods. And then: BAM. I found the perfect basket (which I'm actually going to use for extra clothing storage). Anyways. I seriously was walking around the store with a giant grin on my face thinking I was the bomb.com.

More like notawesome.com. Or idiot.com.

I forgot to factor in that I'm probably a foot taller than the average Korean woman. And the cobble sidewalks.

This meant lots of spills. Lots of readjustments. And lots of lopsided walking and rolling.

I looked real good.

Luckily I made it home alive and no dishes broke. I have spaghetti cooking and French pop music playing on my Itunes.

This is the life.

But not the life of a genius.

3 comments:

San Ba Po said...

you crack me up~! take a pic of your rolly thing

blakecgriffin said...

Please, please take a picture of you bending down to pull that thing.

Soph said...

I love this story. You are a genius, I promise ;)