Wednesday, October 7, 2009

What not to wear

This is what I wore to school today:


This is the (constructive) criticism I received from COT:

COT (in broken English): Um, I believe that your shirt might be...too low.

Me: Oh, really? (I could've sworn this was appropriate!)

COT: Yes. The older boys. They have hard time paying attention.

Me: Oh. Well, sorry...

COT: The Vice Principal (who thankfully I hadn't seen all day so I don't know how this was discovered) he does not like it.

Me: Ok, I'll remember for next time.

COT: Ok. And another Korean taboo is your white headband.

Me: Really?

COT: Yes. In Korea a white headband is worn at funerals and is kind of a symbol for death.

Me: Wow. Yeah, I had no idea. Could I wear other headbands-not white?

COT: Personally, I think you look better without it. With nothing in your hair. You wear it down-like yesterday. That is better.

Me: Alright. Well, good to know. Thanks.

le fin.

So yeah, maybe one of the most awkward convos ever. But well appreciated. I don't want to walk around in immodest clothing celebrating death.

12 comments:

Rachel said...

HAHAHAHA.

Tact she has not...

Cindy, I absolutely love your blog and your adventures in Korea.

If you're ever in DC on a layover, let me know and we'll chill like old times in Paris.

Glad to see you're doing well and surviving the cement jungle over there...

kamille said...

that is too funny!!

Viva la Varner said...

oh my goodness! that cracks me up! i love reading all your hilarious stories keep iy up!

Justin and Coralie said...

Okay... now I will believe you. You would have had a blog about outfit compliments had you been in the States. :) Cute outfit - even if it comes across as offensive. :)

Janthony-Garrett said...

hahaha I love how honest criticism is in a second language. You're hot. Stop distracting all the Korean boys with your big chest.

Erin said...

THAT IS AMAZING! But I have to agree, you do look super inappropriate.

Also, I'm glad to have it validated that Koreans wear white to funerals. Because I can't remember where I heard that, but somewhere on a TV show or a movie, someone, sometime threw that out and I didn't believe it.

Katie Fitches said...

hahahahahahahahhahahhahahhahahahhahahahhahhhhhakjhfl;hashfkajh;fhashfakshfkashhhdkfjhsf,n,ns,mcn

again can't stop laughing... your COT is a bitch....whatever. ha love it.

Chrissy Renae said...

hahaha this was so fabulous. i need this sort of prep information. now i feel like i better go through my whole wardrobe and rethink a few things...

Jeff said...

JE TE KIFFE CINDY. GRAV. ca c'est la chose la plus amusante que j'ai entendue de tout ce que j'ai entendu toute la semaine. je t'aime a la folie.

Katie said...

Gosh Cindy, why you gotta be so immodest? I'm glad you've been corrected your ways...How did you make your way through BYU dressing like such a hussie?

Miss MyKelle J said...

OH MAN!!! Who would have ever known.

Jordan said...

whore.