Sunday, November 15, 2009

Korean Birthday

First off, I appreciate all the birthday love in my life via fb, gchat, and email.

Am I really 24? Wild.

It was a pretty awesome bday, minus my outbreak of hives that helped me experience the Korean clinic sans a translator. Ugh to that.

But, other than that, it was awesome.

First off, I had to teach all day. So why not teach them about birthdays? I brought in a little treat for every student (which turned out to be more than I was thinking) and we tried to do a little activity but they stopped paying attention to me so I just made stuff up. I also forced each class to take a photo with me. Suckers.

two things:
1. my outfit-i'm sorry
2. yes it is hard telling them apart-but i'm getting better


This class was more excited about life, so I made them sing to me. Bahahaha.

video

My bday night was spent with some peeps from my church-we grabbed some Indian food for dinner, which is my favorite and I'm craving some more right now.

And then I met up with friends in Songtan for a good time.

As you can see, it was jam packed full of randomness. Just the way I like it. And even though I had to turn down a birthday shot or two, I'll say my Korean birthday was a success.

4 comments:

Erik said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CINDY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elizabeth said...

This is my favorite post yet! Loved the video. :)

San Ba Po said...

Cindy, your students are lovely~! Absolutely loved the birthday song from the students! hope you are feeling better with the hives.

dianita said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE THE SINGING. And wow, you have literally 50 kids in one class. and they do look much older than 7th grade...... p.s. the word verification i have to type in in order to make this comment is "bootey"...just thought i would tell you.