Monday, November 23, 2009

Korean Turkey's

I taught a lesson on Thanksgiving to the boys. And I made them draw turkeys and write things they are grateful for just like we do when we're little! Suckers.

They are a creative little bunch.

Here are some of my favorites:

The turkey bus going to hell

This one gets a spot because of what the little bugger wrote on the bottom. If anyone can translate my nickname, let me know. And its good to know one can be both scary, fun, and likable!

The next two are just the most random. And they have to deal with physical ailments. Which is usually what I think of when I think American Thanksgiving...


Yes, skin cancer turkey and handicap turkey (complete with wheelchair) round out this boy band of drawings. Who even knew?

10 comments:

dianita said...

OH MY ..GOSH... NOTHING ABOUT MY TEACHING CAN EVEN COMPARE TO THE AWESOMENESS OF THESE TURKEYS. OH..MY..GOSH...YOU HAVE JUST MADE IN SERVICE BEARABLE>>>> OH..>MY..>GOSH..THAT IS HYSTERICAL.

Jill said...

I really should never never never read your blog whilst in class. I'm in physical pain right now trying to hold in my laughter.

Jihyei said...

Cindy, you don't know me, but I'm Jill's friend from school. She mentioned that she has a friend who is teaching English in Korea and I've kind of been blog-stalking you for the last few weeks. I have to say, I LOVE your blog. It takes me back to growing up in Korea. I've been wanting to comment, but refrained because I didn't want you to think I was a weirdo, but since you asked someone to translate "해롱이," I thought I would. Apparently 해롱이 is a character in an animated TV show and there's also a game. Hope this helps. If you have any questions about Korea/Koreans, etc., let me know. I hope things are going well for the most part.

Neoteric Warrior said...

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I almost fell out of my chair when I saw the handicap turkey!

Viva la Varner said...

I love this post and all the posts below. I can't believe how perfect those pastries were for you as they would have been for me...especially in my prego state. And...I now have a huge craving for flamin hot cheetos which will only lead to heartburn, so I better not. I love how fun you are with your students...and happy late birthday. Sorry I didn't send you anything...we will have to do a make-up when you get back. LOVE you!!!

Momma Elk said...

Did anybody else notice that one turkey is doing the vulcan peace sign thing? Just saying.

Jill said...

duly noted on the vulcan turkey. it was the first thing i noticed.

Wes said...

Bahahahaha! The handicapped turkey made me soil myself. Promptly. Amazing.

Miss MyKelle J said...

HA HA HA HA HA HA THAT IS HILARIOUS!TURKEY BUS GOING TO HELL!!!

Chrissy Renae said...

ok none of the turkeys from my classes were nearly as funny as yours. i think your kids are way better at english... i am jealous.