Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A Sampling

Today was Wednesday.

But not just any Wednesday.

It was a half day at school!!!!! BOOYAH.
Align Center
My half day was fine. I had all intentions of getting the Korean Tiger recorded. I brought my camera up to their classroom and was all ready for it, but when I got there and started talking, I looked back to him and he looked sick. I called out his name "Korean tiger!" and his feeble attempt at the Korean tiger made my heart hurt. He had his head down the entire class. Poor kid. Maybe next time.

Also, I really miss my class schedule. I've become so used to teaching each class only once a week that its totally throwing me off having the same students multiple days in a row. I hope COT comes back soon.


In one of my classes today, I decided to see if I could recreate the "Boom Boom Pow" moment. Which, I don't know if it could ever be recreated. So after my pathetic excuse of a lesson, I had each table write down their favorite song or artist and decided to work my way through them. After a minute I had them vote to say if they wanted a new song or to keep listening to the current one. It worked well. They stayed fairly focused on the music and I got insight into some of their favorite songs.

Which, PS, GUESS WHAT GROUP A TABLE REQUESTED! GUESS. JUST GUESS.

Kanye. check.

A*Teens. check.

BACKSTREET BOYS. CHECK AND CHECK!

Yeah. A couple kids mentioned their affinity for BSB. My heart was full and I felt a special connection with them. A beautiful moment.

It was also a beautiful moment when one of the kids started singing along and then randomly shimmied. I died. I'm going to just start doing music days all the time. It makes for a good time.

Anyways. After school I decided to head down to a few stores I've been meaning to check out and maybe catch a movie. I accomplished all of these goals. And more.

Like running into a Korean clown on stilts downtown. He was making balloon animals and carried a Hello Kitty purse.


Now, I have to share with you some of my purchases. I bought them solely based on their awesome factor.

Look 1:
If you can't read it, it says "Making awesome pose". Which doesn't make sense. But I tried following its advice in this picture.

Look 2:
I'm mildly obsessed with this sweatshirt. I know you can see where I'm coming from on this one.

Look 3:

I bought this one specifically for its geographic genius. New York Salt Lake? Two of my favorite cities together in one? I've never been there but I'd love to check it out sometime.

(And don't worry. The combined total of these three pieces was only about 10 bucks. Can I get another BOOYAH?!)

5 comments:

San Ba Po said...

poor Korean Tiger~!! I love your new purchases, especially the shirt with a lady's silhouette on it. Love you blog Cindy!

Jill said...

BOOYAH!

Erin said...

I thought Making Awesome Pose was the coolest, until New York Salt Lake happened. I need one of those.

word verification: susho

It's the singular form of sushi

Erik said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erik said...

BOOYAH here too Cindy.Eriko.Bonjour, ca'va?Tell them about Ninjas and the song "Every body needs a ninja" too and maybe even play it but mute out the bad word. :)