Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Defining Moments

Last week I was telling my friend about how the night before I had a defining moment in my life when Avril Lavigne came on the radio in the cab and our taxi driver turned it up and started singing along. And then we all started singing along (except me because it was a tune I was unfamiliar with) and we rolled the windows and for that moment we were one with the old man Korean cab driver.

Today I had a lot of defining moments.

First, a student told me my Cher impression wasn't good.

...

Excuse me, but have the rest of you been lying to me for the past 10 years? Because that's not very funny and I'm upset I had to hear this from a Korean boy. Ouch.

Secondly, after lunch I went out and played a little basketball with the students. Its been awhile since I've been able to shoot hoops and even though it was short lived, I loved it. I think I'm going to make it a more frequent occurrence. But maybe only after it warms up a little bit. Aka March.

Third. I joined a Korean gym. Yeah.

Fourthly, as Kong and I were walking back home from the gym, this random guy stops me and hands me something. I take it.


I have no idea what it is. It wasn't open when I got it, so I feel like if its food I can eat it. But it depends on what food it is. Sometimes I love being blonde here, just because strangers give me candy. Well, maybe candy. This is my request for a translation.

3 comments:

Jihyei said...

Haha! Would you just trust me and try it if I say it's "good for you"? Literally translated, it means "nutritious sweet jelly of red beans." If I remember correctly, it's blackish and soft. I wouldn't say it's my favorite but it's not bad. If you're adventurous when it comes to food, I say give it a try.

Meg said...

k. i am sitting in class right now blog stalking u, can't believe how much more fun your life is than mine. also, you look sooo cute in the pic at the top of your blog. . .peace is very fitting for u.

miss u. we need to talk the hills. enzo is adorable

Chrissy Renae said...

hahaha my kids have been so into giving my candy lately... I LOVE IT!!!