Wednesday, December 9, 2009

I LOVE Half Days

This week has been pretty awesome as far as work is concerned. I haven't had to teach at all and Wednesday through Friday are designated half days. Well, half days at school. The second half of the day is 'work from home' time.

I don't know if I'd call it all work, but I've definitely been productive with those half days so far.

First stop: Isaac Toast.
I was walking home and I always see this little food place and I decided it would be the day to taste it. It's a kind of french toast sandwich dealio type place and while there were no pictures displayed to point to, I was able to order a ham, cheese, and egg sandwich.

(Insert: Today I was marveling at how I am able to survive in this country. I mean, I don't speak the language, but I get by just fine. It's seriously amazing).

The verdict? Hands down the best sandwich I've had in Korea. Maybe even in my life. It was soooo good. Like heaven. They put this kind of sauce on the bread and it was a little sweet and the moment I left I wanted to go back. Oh, and only 1600 W. About a $1.50. Its my new spot.

Next up: a nap. Definitely necessary and definitely took up most of the afternoon/early evening. I do what I want. And yes that is a Powerpuff Girls pillowcase. And yes I always look this good when I sleep. And I can take pictures of myself in my sleep.


Next, and maybe the most exciting! I put up my Christmas tree!! Well, as much as possible. But I'm rather fond of it. I downloaded some Christmas tunes, pulled out the tape and recently purchased garland, and inspiration hit. I love it. It makes my little apartment seem livelier.

I also tasted that treat handed to me on the street last night. Here is video documentation, because I know you all want to watch me try weird food.

7 comments:

Justin and Coralie said...

That was awesome. I'm so glad you documented that for me :) I'm glad you're at least finding delicious sandwiches to eat...

And P.S. I'm so sad we didn't get to see your webcam face at our party :( Next time though, right?

Jill said...

I miss you so much right now.

San Ba Po said...

HAHAHHAHAHA~!!! love your facial expression. The funny thing is, the red bean paste cake stuff was one of my fav things to eat when i was a kit. It's not super sweet, only a hint of it. It's good for your blood, and woman stuff. (that's what my mom told me) Anyway, love your face. I don't expect many people to love it, it's an acquiring taste.

xoxo

Janna said...

I love the video/need more from you.

Katie said...

more videos please. keep up the hard work. <3 alice

Miss MyKelle J said...

I am currently at work laughing my A off! OUT LOUD! Your facial expressions are amazing! and that looked gross

Valerie said...

hahaha, ew yuck, that's even worse.