Monday, January 4, 2010

Frozen Tundra

Today was a cold, snowy day.

I woke up to the snow flurrying down in a crazy array of cold. It was not the best walk to school ever. And I just read that "The accumulation in Seoul broke a one-day record of 25.6 cm (10 inches) and is expected to grow, said weather officials, who have been keeping records for about 70 years." (Reuters)

Awesome. I'm such a lucky girl.

(P.S. I know ten inches isn't that crazy to my peeps back home, nor it is actually that crazy to me, but its different when you're in Korea. Trust me).

Anyways, what made it even better was that today was the beginning of Winter Vacation, which also happens to be the first day of English Winter Camp. I don't know how Koreans got so confused. Vacation and school camp should not start, or actually ever be on, the same day. Alas, this is how it works.

Today as a little ice breaker game we played Two Truths and a Lie (i love this game. we played it all summer. or at least one night).

My two truths and a lie:
1. One time my hair caught on fire
2. I met George Bush
3. I have six brothers

Which one is the lie?

This was one of my students:


If I could give grades, I'd give him an A. Because this is exactly the same kind of thing I would/did do all during school. Well done, Park Ji Hun. Well done.

3 comments:

Donald F P said...

I'm going to guess you haven't met George Bush.

Chrissy Renae said...

haaaaaa i love it. im jealous of your kids' english abilities. i just flail my arms at my students and use a lot of sign language. usually we just confuse each other...

Mike and Laken Cannon said...

I love Cindy