Wednesday, January 6, 2010

i ate dog.

I was going to come up with a funny or clever title for this, but the fact of the matter is that it's awesome no matter how I say it:

Last night I ate some dog.


Ok, so its kind of gross. And even though I despise those little creatures, it was still weird eating it. But mostly it was awesome. A teacher at the high school took three of us foreigners out to this restaurant hiding in a corner not far from my place. It was quite an experience.


The woman at the restaurant brought out the pot with the seasonings and the veggies first, and then she brought out the meat tray and plopped it in so it could all stew together. The worst part was seeing the pieces of skin amid the meat. Ick. I will admit I did not eat that.

As far as taste goes, it was aight. Not amazing, but not horrible. Its pretty tender. I guess Koreans used to eat dog a lot back in the day when they had limited options for protein, but its becoming less and less popular. I told my students that I ate it and some thought it was cool and others thought it was weird. So times are a changing in this country. Sad day.


Oh, whats this? Why, its a video documenting the first bite! How convenient!

video

After the dog (dog burps are icky), we decided to complete our night by being fully Korean and going to the Noraebang aka KARAOKE.

I am now Korean. Mission accomplished.



4 comments:

jjangji said...

You now have my respect and we haven't even met in person.

San Ba Po said...

AHHHHH CINDY~!!!! you ate Sweet Pea's kind. Ahhhhhhh~!

Chad said...

WoW!! Cindy that was just plain awesome! So awesome in fact that I made my first post to a blog to congratulate you:)

Miss MyKelle J said...

amazing!