Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Dinner

After almost six months, I was finally invited to dine with my coworkers. You see, most of my friends here were taken out to eat as a welcome gesture, or on a consistent basis. Its kind of weird how my school doesn't really go, or if they do they don't tell me. I choose to believe the former.

We went straight after school to this dried fish restaurant. All the teachers were there to celebrate the start of the new school year, and boy did it get wild.

Ok, not really that wild, but it was entertaining to see my Vice Principal enthusiastic with the soju. And the cute little librarian can put it down for a Korean lady.

The best part, hands down, was when we got up to leave.

COT and I were headed towards the door with a couple other teachers, when the VP ran up to us and said whatever he said in Korean (I'm guessing "Why are you leaving? Stay and drink more!"). He then proceeded to grab COT's jacket by the hood and start shaking it, like a child. He just kept on pulling on it...and then he ripped it off. Granted, its one of those jackets where the hood is buttoned onto the main jacket, making it removable. But he just straight up pulled all but one button off, causing the other buttons to fly in every direction and the hood to hang there by a thread.

COT was not happy. She tried to play it off cool, but she was obviously not excited about it. I died laughing.

Drunk VP=crazy, and kind of awesome.

It was a real bonding moment for all of us.

Cheers to the new years!

No comments: