Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Oscars 2010

It's that time of year again! How exciting.

I counted and I saw 44 movies that were released in 2009. You'd think this would give me a pretty good understanding for the film industry. It doesn't. Most movies I see go unnoticed by the Academy...and when the movies are Ghosts of Girlfriends Past and the likes, I understand.

Anyways, here are my predictions for this years Oscars!

Best Picture: Avatar

Actor in a Leading Role: Morgan Freeman, Invictus

Actor in a Supporting Role: Christoph Waltz, Inglorious Basterds

Actress in a Leading Role: Sandra Bullock, The Blind Side

Actress in a Supporting Role: Vera Farmiga, Up in the Air

Animated Feature Film: Up

Documentary Feature: Burma VJ

Foreign Language Film: The White Ribbon (Das Weisse Band)

Music (Original Score): The Hurt Locker

Best Adapted Screenplay: An Education

Best Original Screenplay: Inglorious Basterds

And that's that. Someone let me know if I win, because I'm pretty sure I'll be teaching in the middle of the actual ceremony. Sad.

2 comments:

blakecgriffin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
blakecgriffin said...

Burma VJ for documentary? Amateur. That's like Saying Eric Rohmer's My Night at Maud's should have beat FF Coppola's Patton.

Geez.