Thursday, April 15, 2010

Eyebrows

COT reapplies her makeup maybe...12 times a day? A slight exaggeration, but only slight. I'll go with 8 times.

Yesterday as she's putting on her face, she just starts to stare at me. Mid reapplication.

I see her staring but I decide not to acknowledge it. Less interaction is a key to success.

But then she breaks the silence.

"Do you shave your eyebrows?"

Ehhhh, what? Excuse me?

Me: "Do I shave my eyebrows? No...I mean, I pluck. I gotta pluck. But I don't shave them"

(Let me just insert here that I used to be SUPER self conscious about my eyebrows. I know. I had weird insecurities (eyebrows, feet, forehead). I mean, who really cares about eyebrows? I did.)

I had no idea what she was referring to when she asked if I shave my eyebrows. I mean, by no means are my eyebrows even close to being small enough to be considered 'shaved'.

She continues, "Oh! You do not shave? It looks like your left one is missing hair"

Ok ok, here's the deal. My left eyebrow has a weird little bald streak. Its not very noticeable. In fact, I just went through my pictures so you could have a visual, but I'm finding it difficult to find a photo where it is obvious. So you'll just have to remember this blog and notice it when I'm back. But don't make fun of me for it.

I respond back to COT, "Yeah yeah, its kind of bald in one part. It's always been like that. I wouldn't do that on purpose, believe me"

Then she tries to hand me her eyebrow pencil.

"Oh, no thanks. I've never used one of those"

COT, "Really? I've never noticed your eyebrow before! I thought you might use it"

"Nope. Never."

End.

Yeah. This is real life.

2 comments:

Erin said...

AWESOME.

Word verification: fablantl. Doesn't that mean fabulous in French or something? That's what your eyebrows are.

Erik said...

do I still have the best eyebrows you know of Cindy. You would always say that.