Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Pants-less Follow Up

One of the first things I do when I get home is take off my pants.

(Best part of having my own place. Hands down.)

So I understand how one would want to do it.

I walked into my office this morning and I had almost forgotten about yesterdays episode.

Almost.

About five minutes after I sit down, the four culprits from yesterdays after-school class marched into my office. COT had mentioned that they would be punished today, but I didn't realize it would happen in my office. In front of me. I don't want to see children be hit.

The thing is, I didn't know I would be expecting them. I didn't know if I was just supposed to lecture them and get mad. COT was not in the office. So the four boys walk in and one mumbles an apology. Then they just stand there. I looked at them and tried to be tough ("you guys are in big trouble").

COT took forever to come back.

The kids stood there. They glanced at me every once in awhile. They whispered. I could only imagine what they were saying about me.

Then COT finally walked in. I was as nervous as the students. She had her bamboo stick in hand and began to lecture the kid who removed his pants first. She moved to the next kid and he says something. She responds with a Korean "really?" and then looks at me.

Then they leave the room. I don't know where they go.

But now all I can think about is what did that kid say?! Did he tell her I was a really bad teacher? Did he say I told the kid to take off his pants? (because as much as I say that to people my own age, I do NOT say that to students). Did he say that yesterday I just let the kids play Uno the whole time, which isn't even English, but Spanish? I skipped dinner a few times in college! Will I get fired? OMG what if I get fired from playing Uno in class?!

COT hasn't said one word to me since that went down.

Oh no.

And who knows what happened to those kids. One was in my last class and he looked pretty upset.

2 comments:

Erik said...

Well, you won't get fired because other teachers are worse, uno is played in America, and who would believe that you said to take his pants off. And you tell people your age to take off their pants? well, at least we know your still the same you.

Meg said...

AHHHHHHH CINDY! THIS POST FREAKED ME OUT SO BAD. . . DID THEY GET BEATEN? OMG.

HA HA HA "I SKIPPED DINNER A FEW TIMES IN COLLEGE. . ." CLASSIC. . .