Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Meet: The Punisher

So there's this guy at work who makes me feel a little uncomfortable. 90% of the time he's really funny and tries talking to me and on my second day here he dropped me off at a photographer studio, so I know he's a nice guy.

I don't know his real name, but in my mind I call him "The Punisher". Only today I found out he does more than punish the students. I seriously though that was his only job: keeping the kids in line. It's all I see him doing.

My school sits up on a hill. Every morning The Punisher stands at the top of the hill with about 8 students. I call this his "posse". So The Punisher and his posse are there to make sure all the students come to school on time and in full uniform. If they don't...well, you don't want to know.

What I do know is that I'm consistently 3 minutes late to school every day. My first class starts 20 minutes after the first bell, so I like to think I'm 17 minutes early.

The Punisher and his posse will yell at any and all students who arrive after the bell. "Hurry hurry" they say. They have started saying this to me but it usually forces me to slow down just so I can understand what they are saying.

We have a good thing going.

Well, another one of The Punishers favorite things to do is make awkward comments to/about me when I come up the hill at the start of school.

"Ohhhhh beautiful today"

"Ah beautiful eyes"

(Obviously looking me up and down)
"Something Korean that I don't understand"
(posse laughs at me as I nod and walk past).

These are the special moments we share.

So, without further adieu, meet The Punisher.

(If you're seeing what I'm seeing, on his head, its a hush hush topic.
We all know but can't talk about it.)

2 comments:

Justin and Coralie said...

I seriously thought it must be some funny Korean hat. But, no. Thanks for the caption to make me do a double take. You should something fast and in English to him about it... and let your posse laugh.

blakecgriffin said...

Best logic ever: on my second day here he dropped me off at a photographer studio, so I know he's a nice guy.

Come back to America. I'll drop you off at a photographer studio.