Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Internet-less

I apologize for the lack of posts for the last week. Starting Saturday morning my internet just stopped working.

I've tried everything. Resetting, restarting, re-loving. Nothing has worked. I'm going to have to call soon, but I'm avoiding that at all costs. Because its hard explaining things in English to Koreans and its hard explaining things in Korean in general.

Just ask COT to help me, you might suggest.

That is a good idea in theory, but when thinking about actually asking her for a favor I get scared.

She has been extra weird lately. Like, she hasn't said more than three words to me a day. For the last week. Awkward.

I'm trying to figure out when this transition took place. Pinpointing it down to the day when I told her I would not be renewing my contract is too easy. But it makes a little sense.

She doesn't even smile anymore. It's bad. Definitely not a good work environment. But this begs the question: do I even attempt at alleviating the situation? Or do I just grin and bear it for the rest of my time here? In actuality, I only have six real weeks of teaching left (!!!), so either way its possible to survive.

In other news, surrounding my devil children after-school class:

-I got the movie Shrek to last five days. They were much easier to handle those days. And we played pin the tail on the donkey (props to Kim for that idea) which actually worked quite nicely. I enjoyed putting the blindfold on them and spinning them into oblivion.

-I received a note from one of my students. Would you like me to read it to you?
(I would take a pic and post it, but who knows when that'll actually happen)
Today
Your luck is bad
(evil scary ghost face)

Then, inside the note:
4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4

SPOOKY
In Korea, the number 4 is bad. Like unto the number 13, but I think it might be worse. It essentially means death.

My students are so sweet.

-Today I confiscated: hair wax, two pogs (yes, pogs), two home-made rubberband guns, Yu-gi-oh cards, a broom, and a cell phone. They are a lively bunch.

----------------------------------------------

Everyone needs to go see Karate Kid with Jaden Smith. It is seriously funny.


2 comments:

Jill said...

Ooh, what was on the pogs? Did they have a slammer too?

Janna said...

A broom? What kid just carries around a broom? In case he just felt like doing some light sweeping here and there?