Monday, June 21, 2010

a moment

tonight was one of those moments.

you know, those moments when you look around you and realize something or feel something that you can't really explain but it seems so perfect?

as i sat there eating dinner, i looked around me to see people from around the world.

kenya. egypt. saudi arabia. kazakhstan. chile. ghana. korea. usa.

suddenly the world didn't seem so big.

we didn't focus on the differences of religion or culture. we shared experiences that made us (at least me) realize that we really all do have something in common. that we can laugh together and learn from each other and become unified in our desire to share what we have.

the world is so big and people are all so different that sometimes we get nervous about all the differences we share.

when all that matters is we are all human beings living on the same earth. and these differences can push us together in ways we don't even know.

4 comments:

blakecgriffin said...

Are you on e?

Anthony and Jessica said...

deep. I just had to type dic log to leave a comment.

stewedslacker said...

... Cindy, what have they done to you?

Tiffany said...

I liked it. I like everything you write. :) If I could write like you I'd go write somewhere I could get paid for it.