Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Silence is Golden

I know, I've been really lacking in fantastic posts lately.

I have a few ideas running around my head and I think about writing them, or I start writing them, but then I always end up either erasing everything I type or forgetting about them and never posting them.

It has been a busy few weeks for me. Busy with awesome-ness.

Including but not limited to: constant party-time with the bro Kris, amusement park Everland, many Seoul trips, making friends with new guys at church, eating a lot of good food, shopping, bus tours, moh moh moh. All good things.

But.

I'm in a weird stage right now. Trying to soak up every last bit of Korean life that I can while getting excited about home and friends and family. Its kind of a tough balancing act.

Don't get me wrong. I'm super duper excited about getting back to the States (and I might also miss referring to home as 'the states' because thats what cool people say) and I'm excited about seeing my family and hanging out with them and not being in a place where people would rather stand than sit next to me on public transportation and tortillas and football. There are so many great things at home!

But there are also so many great things in this home. I will miss the sunsets and the caramel popcorn they serve at the movie theatres and the way people bow and the respect they have for their elders and how people get so excited when you tell them their English is good.

I remember the uncertainty I felt a year ago. I remember the worries I had as I climbed onto the plane to an unknown world. And it amazes me how that world has transformed into my home and into a place that is familiar and comforting.

Leaving this home is harder than I thought it would be.

(but i can't wait for new adventures...)


No comments: