Thursday, September 23, 2010

Sandwich on Pavement

(A poem to describe my lunch hour)

It was a good day to be had, for lunch was longer than normal.
I went to eat a salad and sandwich at Zupas; not too formal.
Darren and Janna and Nikki were there,
I'm no longer popular in Provo, I fear.
Everyone said hello, but not to me,
Nikki wins at life it seems.
Thai peanut salad entered my tummy,
And while I ate I laughed because we're so damn funny.
Backstreet Boys played overhead,
I danced and sang and dreamed of Nick Carter in my bed.
TMI for my family, this poem has crossed that line,
But its ok because thats how I rhyme.
Then lunch had to be over and we said our goodbyes,
And my sandwich fell on the pavement, oh me oh my(s).

fin.

(don't worry. i picked it back up and put it in my purse. saved that for later!)

ps we are the dream team

2 comments:

Momma Elk said...

I wish this was on fb so I could like it.

Erin said...

I had a dream like a week ago that I was at a BSB concert, and they were like, "Hey, we need some people from the audience to come down!" And for some reason only like 10 people went, but I was one of them, and Nick Carter put his arm around me and I remember thinking, "Man, 8th grade Erin would be FREAKING out right now." And all we did was walk around the stage in a circle, like herded cattle, while the Boys kept singing. It was super amazing. And I'm glad we both dream of Nick Carter. Because he's so hot right now, you know?