Thursday, December 30, 2010

Flying

No work today means blogging! It is about the only thing I have on my to-do list and I feel great about it. I hope you agree.

I love flying. I actually just love going to the airport, even if I'm not flying so
mewhere. There's something liberating about going somewhere else. To me, an airpla
ne is a magical machine that can transport us to a place that will change us. That is why I think I love traveling so much. These places, but more importantly the people who live there, are full of different ideas and customs and lifestyles that they almost force us to reassess what we believe and how we live. Then these seemingly stark contrasts can somehow transform into commonalities. To be able to connect with someone from such a different background from your own is one of my favorite things to do. It amazes me every time. It is one of my biggest sources of happiness.

2010 was a great year. Maybe one of my best yet. It was full of wonderful experiences,
unexpected friendships, and inspiring moments. I feel as though I got to know myself better than ever and allowed others to do the same.

2010 was also (here's where it connects, people) full of flying. I was on a plane
on 16 different occasions (about 9 trips total, a couple one ways) and it is also a reason to
celebrate. 16 times to just sit there and think. 16 times to take naps. 16 times to wonder
about the possibilities that lay before me and the things that have passed. I love it.

So here is my 2010 in review. Enjoy!
Beware-I got a little picture happy. But it really was just a great year!


Thanks 2010. You changed me.

2011-you have a lot to live up to. Don't suck.

2 comments:

blakecgriffin said...

I can't believe the Olof concert didn't make it on here.

PS - It's time for you to let people that don't have google accounts comment on your blog.

Janna said...

I miss you. It feels like it's been years. Thanks for blogging.