Monday, December 6, 2010

Hair.

So there's this kid at church who, I'll be honest, I've never had a real conversation with. He seems like a lovely young man and just super nice. But there is one thing I would like to know.

Does he have alopecia? I can't just bring it up, can I?

I am fascinated by this kid's lack of hair on a weekly basis. His head is so shiny and his absence of eyebrows just makes me want to run my fingers over his face.

I think of Stan Sitwell from Arrested Development every week, too. And his various eyebrows for different occasions. Which, if I had alopecia, I would totally do.

Also, did you know some animals have alopecia?

Examples:
(warning: these pictures are hard to look at but also hard to look away from)

First up: a monkey


And secondly: i'll give you a dollar if you can guess what this one is


You are welcome! Happy Monday

9 comments:

Janna said...

OMG I was just going to blog about animal alopecia! We are weird.

Coralie said...

NO idea. P.S. - what is the animal?

D said...

I don't want to be a buzzkill but that second mystery "animal" has hair on its face. Repulsive? Yes. Alopecia? Not so sure.

blakecgriffin said...

It's a bear.

If you really wanted people to guess, maybe you shouldn't have named the picture 'the-hairless-bear'.

Jeff said...

blackbear. or an r.o.u.s.

Wes said...

Def a bear. It looks like something you'd see in Chronicles of Riddick or soemthing

Erin said...

Those are pretty repulsive, dude. And the second one is an elephant kangaroo mix. A Kangaphant. An Elaroo.

Miss MyKelle J said...

did someone say it was a bear... i am going to have ot go with a R.O.U.S.- rodent of unusual size. or a man.

Jill said...

Alopecia always makes me think of China. Not the country. Kaitlin Cooper's pony. She was plagued by it. (O.C. Season 1)