Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Fantastic Mr Fox

That is what I am watching right now.

I had my bunion surgery almost two weeks ago. That means two weeks of using crutches. I'm starting to think that this inability to walk is affecting other parts of my life.

Much like Colin Firth, I have randomly started stuttering in my speech. Only difference between me and him is that I won't win an Oscar.

I also have lost any balance I have ever had. I don't know if the weight of my boot is creating an imbalance or if I'm just unsteady but I almost fall over probably 30 times a day. It's awesome. Except when I accidentally fall and have to use my broken foot to steady myself and then become paranoid that I knock the SIX SCREWS the doctor put in my foot out of place.

Seriously. I don't know how its possible that there are now six screws in my foot...actually, they are only in my big toe...is that normal? Was my toe that messed up? Its embarrassing. Everyone else only has one or two screws.


I've been wondering if anyone knows whether or not I could start getting Senior Citizen discounts? Twitter has been suggesting that I follow AARP lately.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Dude, of course you could/will win an Oscar. There are so many bright things in your future, it's not even funny. Get someone to make this blog into a movie, starring you. Bam. Oscar. You are welcome.