Saturday, May 14, 2011

Did you know?

Okay guys. A few days ago I was doing some research on something very important to me.

Vin Diesel.

He's not as important to me as Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, but they are both part of the very lucrative movie business. Most notably The Fast and the Furious. Who doesn't love that!? I thought so.


Anyways, I know that there's been some speculation on Mr. Vin's personal life, so I was led to the internets source of all truth and wisdom: Wikipedia. And on that Wikipedia I learned some very interesting things about this man who has us all in his grasp.

First off, how did he get his nickname? Vin Diesel's real name is Mark Vincent. Turns out when he was working as a bouncer in New York, he picked Vin to be his bouncer bad-a nickname. And then his friends 'always' said he was running on diesel fuel. Bam. Vin Diesel is born.

Secondovely, he is a twin! If any of you can find a picture of his twin bro, please send it my way. I searched google and was not rewarded for my efforts.

Thirdly, and this might be most important/impressive: HE HAS BEEN PLAYING DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS FOR 20 YEARS! He even wrote the forward in its commemorative book! I mean, who would've thought? Vin Diesel. Dungeons. Dragons. So many good things happening here.

Also, on an unrelated note, I was over at my bro's house last night and he was watching Yo Gabba Gabba...ok his kids were. It was the first time I've ever caught a glimpse of such a show and I must say I was-confused? It is so weird! But in an engaging kind of way. Like a car crash, you just can't look away. Mostly I was interested in the guy who was hosting the show. Why would this man say yes to this gig?

Turns out that guy, DJ Lance Rock, graduated high school in 1983...whhhaaaatttt?! Also he's bff's with the guys in Aquabats. And sometimes does shows with them.


I have two words: you're welcome.