Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Andre the Giant??


So I was home in Colorado for the weekend. Hanging out. Chillin. Fam time.

Monday night we went out to a few stores to kill some time, and mostly because my favorite local thrift store was 50% off! Bam! Lets not talk about how everything was discounted, except for the pink tagged items. And that every item I picked up had a pink tag. Which was disappointing because I really wanted that outdated globe for $7.50, not the $15 they were asking. No gracias. I left with a single Cher record.

Anyways, we stopped by Target after that because it was right across the street and you know what? Why wouldn't we stop at Target?

Our first stop at the store was the music/dvd section. A Ford to that section is like a
moth to a flame. I, naturally, was using one of their electronic carts. Because I can. So I started down an aisle when a man approached me and asked if I could use some help finding something. I declined, stating that I was simply perusing, and he laughed at me. And my word choice. "Man, I haven't heard that word yet!"
(i later found out he had only started working there a week before. i'll accept the excuse).

This awesome exchange encouraged a long conversation between the two of us. His name was Andre. Andre and I talked about how working for Target sucks (oh look I have a picture!) and I told him to punch the HR guy Grant for me, if he ran into him.

(i'm sorry for ever dying my hair black. and that my first post-grad job was at Target)

Andre left my side and came back at least three times, each time with a new thing going on. One time he brought back a magazine with a super muscular man on the cover and said "This is what I look like with my shirt off". I told him to prove it...he couldn't 'because he was working'. Lame.

Then we were chatting and he decided that we were close enough to share a story about how one time he was flexing in the mirror and HE PASSED OUT. He needed to hold his breath when he flexed his hot body and this resulted in him blacking out and hitting his head on the mirror. When he woke up he didn't realize what happened right away...his girlfriend called him and he started talking to her and thats when he realized the mirror had broke. From his forehead. It was bleeding.

Haha oh Andre.

Oh and I kept saying "oh yeah...like Andre the Giant?!" and he said "No, like Andre Black". So I said "Andre the Black?" (because he was black...) but then he pulled out his ID and his last name really was Black. So then I just felt stupid.

The end.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

HAHAHA. Andrea the Black. HAHAHA.

Erin said...

I just love that him asking if you needed any help turned into all this goodness. You are so amazing.