Saturday, August 13, 2011

I Will Now Rant About:

When I first moved to Provo, a few years ago, I struggled with loving it.

I went through a big phase of hating it.

But then, I loved it. I never thought I could love it, but I did. I grew to love the lines that form at the grocery store at 11:45 pm on Saturday nights because people didn't want to shop on Sunday. I decided I could love eavesdropping on people's conversations and hearing about their missionary or ward drama. I love the mountains (although i still claim colorado's to be mo' betta). Lots of things to love here people.

But there are some things that I don't love. And now I will rant about them.

BYU/Provo housing. The transition between summer term and fall semester leaves hundreds of students homeless. It is just stupid. But worse than that is my landlord. She is ridiculous. This morning, a Saturday, I go in to take a shower around 9:30ish. Keep in mind, I currently am without roommates. So I'm in the shower and then I hear a knock at the door. My bathroom door.

I HAVE NO ROOMMATES. WHY IS THERE SOMEONE IN MY HOUSE?!

A woman then says that she's there to do some cleaning. So just an fyi, she's in my house.

Then I spent the rest of my time in the shower talking/singing about how I hate my landlord/everyone. Because really? No warning?

Also, I hate the restaurant La Dolce Vita. It is "Italian". But really it is probably the worst restaurant in all of the world. Seriously, I've never been to a worse restaurant in the entire world. It is quite a feat. I don't know how anyone can really like it, or go to it, or encourage others to go to it. So here and now I say that you should never go there. If you find yourself in Provo, Utah, please go somewhere else-anywhere else. There's a Taco Bell not far-that would be better. I seriously want to destroy this restaurant.

Lastly, I just stopped by the new thrift store "Junk in my Trunk". Mostly I wanted to go there because a. I love thrift stores and b. that's a clever name!

I walked in and it smelled like a gas station bathroom (after a hoard of truckers had used it and their last meal was Beto's). Seriously. Butt smell.

Never go there either.

Happy weekend!!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

yep. i will be homeless in 3 days. i was just about to draw such a cartoon for my blog. love you, BYU housing