Sunday, September 25, 2011

Stover S's



These are my girls.


I miss them a lot.


This past year I worked a not so glamorous job. I left Korea a couple weeks early to get this job, and I often wondered why I did this. I mean, there were some perks. I'd be working with my BFF Darren (its been a long time since I did a Dare shout out, but believe you me, he's still #1), but it left much for want being there.


I did, however, come to realize why it was MTB (meant to be).


It was so I could meet these girls.

I spent more time with them over the summer then I did with anyone else. We spent long hours at work, and sometimes we actually worked. But most of the time (after we finished the important things) we had a good time. We balanced out our days with the crossword (building those brain cells) and sharing stories about our lives. It was a perfect little support group! Through new relationships, breakups, bunion surgeries, potential hookups, and frustrations about life, we worked through it all. It was these at these times I was really grateful for coming back to this job. They are awesome (mostly good...but sometimes a little awquard)


And I seriously really miss them. I miss hearing about their days. And I miss forcing my stories upon them. They are some of the best people I've ever known.


So to you, my Stover S's (Roxanne might read this), know that you are da best! And mo' betta than the rest.


Also, while I was joking about how I hoped my replacement would suck, I didn't actually mean it. So I'm sorry about that-my bad!

4 comments:

Meg said...

some final words for you as you take off on your new adventure. . . .

feel the rain on youuur skiiin no one else can feel it for you, only you can let it in. . . no one else - i said no one else can speak the words on your lips. . .drench yaself in words unspoken, live ya life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins the rest is still unwritteeeennnnnnnnnn

da da da da da da

Cora Newman said...

I am NOT tearing up a little bit after reading this. That was NOT a tissue I just grabbed from my backpack.
We miss you soooo much! But we're so happy for you too. Thanks for the memories and the lovely blog shout-out.
Ca-caaaaw!

P.S. - I'm making plans to prank the new supervisor. She needs a slice of humble pie.

Megan Gadd said...

Stop. Don't leave. Also, Mike video coming soon. Also, so far you have almost made me cry three times. But I haven't yet. Bc I am mo betta

roxanne said...

While reading this, I seriously kept thinking "when is she gonna say sluts?"

Also, I may or may not always get the building keys with your name on them. You know, the big black ones? They make me feel a special connection, like a little piece of Cindy, that our new boss a.k.a. dictator can't break.

Also, Abu will be making an appearance in Mike's video.