Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanks.

Its 12:27 am on Thursday, which technically means its Thanksgiving!

Soooo, HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

But also technically, Thanksgiving doesn't exist for me this year.  Because its kind of an American thing (kind of), and right now, I'm not in America.


But also, that doesn't mean I can't be grateful.  While I'm not in the great country of my birth, I am in a great country.  And I have a lot to be grateful for.



(enter the standard 'i'm grateful for' post...but better; i'm in a weirdly reflective mood, so bear with me)


Oftentimes in my life, I've felt perfectly inadequate and confused and worried about my decisions.  I've been hit with concerns of where I should live, with whom I should surround myself, what I should study, and many other seemingly life-altering decisions.  I've often felt like what I was doing wasn't good enough, or worth it, or I'll be honest-normal.  I have wished to be more of a typical Mormon girl on several occasions.


BUT.


I am so incredibly more grateful for the things I have been able to experience in my life. Being the not-so normal Mormon girl. A few years ago I made a pledge to myself to take advantage of all the opportunities thrown my way, and I am sincerely grateful for being able to do that.


I am grateful for my parents for supporting me on my wild endeavors.  I have moved away so many times, but they always welcome me back with open arms.  That is a great comfort.


I am grateful for my brothers.  They really are the best of the best and my greatest friends.  Each one has taught me something I would never have learned otherwise.  

 

I am grateful for friends that have truly opened their hearts to me.  They have inspired me, supported me, and been there for me so so much.  And without them, I would be incomplete (cue bsb sotd).

I am grateful for this world and the people in it.  I am reminded daily that these people-no matter where they come from-are all our brothers and sisters.  And we all have an innate desire to help each other out.  The love I have felt from complete strangers in foreign lands is a constant reminder of the goodness of mankind.  And the beauty I have seen across the globe is proof of a Divine Creator.  No denying it.


Most importantly, I am grateful for the gospel.  I am grateful for Jesus Christ in my life.  I am grateful for my Heavenly Father and His faith in me.  I am grateful for prayer.  I am grateful for temples.  I am grateful for a living prophet.  I am grateful for missionaries.  And I am grateful for my testimony in knowing it is all true.

And here we kick of the holiday season!  The hardest part of a nomads life, but whenever I miss home, I'm really just grateful I have someone to miss.

2 comments:

blakecgriffin said...

I'm am grateful for Cindy Ford.

kami said...

Cindy! I love you! Seriously, you are amazing. You've got the funniest, best, charming personality. You're so good with people, always making everyone feel at ease. It's a talent I wish I had. I think all of your adventures have been so neat and wish I could say I've done the same thing! Just know, you totally rock...miss you!