Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Wiki-Wicked

London last week was...fantastic.  


I went to an academic conference on Wednesday, making my trip down there FREE.99!  The university paid for the train tickets and luckily I don't have any classes on Wednesdays or Thursdays, so I stayed until Friday morning and it was great.  


First off, can I just say that a trip to the British Library to see all the old documents is totally, totally worth it.  One of the highlights of the trip for sure.  I don't know if I'm just a big nerd, but I'm weirdly obsessed with illuminated manuscripts and they have some good stuff there.  And, you know, the Magna Carta.  No big.


There was also some awesome stuff at the British Museum.  


And the Tate Modern is one of my favorite museums.  As much as I appreciate and love classic pieces of art, I have a soft spot for modern stuff as well.  It's like a work out for a different part of your brain.  I'll take it.


Oh and don't worry!  Mikelle, Nate and I went and saw Wicked.  There was some effort to get the tickets in the morning, but it proved worth it later on.  Such a production and entertaining for sure.



 And Mikelle hooked me up with some bday cupcakes.  So good.  Love cake love her!

No comments: