Thursday, December 1, 2011

Unwell

I think its really interesting some of the differences in vocabulary between British English and American English. I seriously laugh at some of the word choices for both variations.

Like driving sounds so much more serious here.  Instead of signaling, they indicate.  And instead of passing people, they overtake them.  Powerful.  I like it.

I also enjoy them asking "You alright?" ALL THE TIME.  It's their "how are you" of sorts.  It took awhile to adjust my response to fit the question, but I finally think I have it down.  I don't think I'll ever conform to being able to ask the question, but I can respond appropriately.  I also feel lame saying cheers to people, so I'm staying away from that one, too.

Anyways, this is just to lead into me saying I'm unwell.  Instead of sick.  Because I hear unwell wayyyy more than I hear sick.  I have this cold that is ruining everything aka my life.  

This is what I look like right now:


So hot right now.

Lets hope this cold is ready to dance tomorrow night.  

Also, the results of the hair survey are veryyyy interesting.  I'll post the results tomorrow.  Go vote if you haven't already!

1 comment:

Janna said...

I hope that you are no longer unwell. Also, I just now saw the bang/fringe post so I didn't vote in time! But I just voted now anyways. I need pics of the ball.