Thursday, January 19, 2012

Cheerio

I had my first British person say Cheerio! to me yesterday.  In real life.  

I hadn't heard it yet, so I wasn't sure it was real current vocabulary.  But I guess some people say it.


Unfortunately, the British person who said it to me was an older gentleman, who happened to be a doctor, and who also just happened to examine my lady parts.


I won't go into too much detail, because its mostly awkward and a little bit embarrassing.  But just to keep you all at ease, I don't have an STD and the antibiotics are working just fine.  Everything is dandy.  


I may have just crossed too many blogging lines, but you should be glad I didn't post the original version of this post.  A lot more gory details.  You're welcome!

Other basic updates on my life:


-I saw The Artist.  I know some people are giving this rave reviews and saying its super innovative and great and fantastic.  It was enjoyable and I thought there were two or three really brilliant scenes, but I also think parts of it dragged a bit (at one point i checked the time, sure that the movie was almost over, but it had only been on for 30 mins).  It currently has 97% on Rotten Tomatoes though, so don't listen to me.  I don't know what I'm talking about.

-I ate an entire pizza

-I finally purchased real pillows.  The ones I bought when I moved here were little guys.  It feels weird sleeping with head and neck support.

Yeah, that's all.

3 comments:

M said...

So, if you are American...what do you say back when someone says "cherrio?" I might have exclaimed, "Lucky Charms." Although, then he may have thought you were from Ireland. (Mindy G.)

Ricky and Mindy said...

I almost just left a totally inappropriate comment. I refrained.

Erin said...

I just like you so much for even mentioning the down there doc. We didn't have to know, you could have lied and said it was a guy on the street. But you are keeping it real and I appreciate that a lot.