Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Finals

If you're wondering about my recent surge of blogging, you have one thing to thank for it.


Finals.



They're this week, so naturally I've been finding lots of ways to procrastinate.  Which includes watching almost an entire season of Law and Order in the last three days and, of course, blogging!


So let us continue on this journey while I explain some things I've been thinking of lately.  Actually, only one thing for now.  Because I do have to go meet with my supervisor about my paper today, in less than two hours, and its not even done!  I wish I was stressed out.

More importantly than that, though, is something that has been on my mind awhile. 


A couple months ago, I noticed I was finding myself strangely attracted to every construction worker I saw around here.  There is a lot of work being done on the buildings around campus, including the library, and so I pass a fair amount of workers on a daily basis.  And every time I do I think, "yeah, I could probably work with that" and secretly I would make googly eyes at them, just hoping they'd notice.



But then I wondered.  Why was I so attracted to them?  Where was this coming from?  I mean, back home I rarely found myself attracted to construction workers.  But here?  Different story.



Then it dawned on me.


A typical British man: 


(ok not super typical. this is james middleton, so he's related to royalty now, but stay with me)


He's kind of cute, right?  A little bit precious.  But also, for lack of better wording, a little bit too precious.  He dresses better than me (i know, hard to do).  He probably also showers on a daily basis.  And he's just so...British?


Which is why, after some deep reflection, I've realized I fancy these British construction workers!  I DO dress better than them!  And they ooze a little bit more masculinity than the rest of the male population here. And I like it.  Their job cancels out some of the British in them.


Also, I hope this doesn't offend any of my male British friends.  Because guys, lets be honest, you look good.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Thank you for bringing this to the forefront of the blogging world. It SO needed to be pointed out. I'm with you on this.

stewedslacker said...

Howdy, British lads eh? Well they also have those dang cool accents, makes it really hard for the rest of us to seem educated and dignified when they start talking all elevated and stuff.