Thursday, March 22, 2012

Italy

So friends. I'm here in Italy and I am loving it. I'd try to upload some pics but that sounds like an awfully time consuming process so we'll just see those when I have more time/energy/dedication to the cause. Until then, some brief updates on our adventure here: 1. Janna almost lost her arm in a freak 'trying to stop the metro car door from closing' attempt. Luckily, after some sympath from someone, they finally opened the door and let her join us on the other side. Close call. 2. Brian and I made a goal to try 30 kinds of gelato. I don't know if I should be proud or ashamed that we are well on our way. We have also been eating a tremendous amount of pizza. Also delicious. 3. Jill makes a real good tour guide. 4. Tonight we're staying in a six person room in the hostel. Our two new friends slash roommates are from brazil and holland. Brazil is so precious; holland wears tight v-necks. These are my impressions thus far. 5. Sleeping in a room with strangers isn't that weird to me. Is that weird? 6. Italy is real pretty. That's all. Any thoughts on where we should go in Florence are welcome!

1 comment:

Megan said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU'RE THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In Florence, you need to figure out a way to get to "Il Sorriso" AKA the best gelato in Italy. It's on Via Erbosa across from a huge grocery store called the Coop (pronounced cope). You could ask for directions at the bus office outside of Santa Maria Novella (the train station; the bus office should be labeled ATAF).

Also, do the typical things like Piazza Michelangelo, Gli Uffizi, Ponte Vecchio, etc. I have more suggestions if you want them. You should also get to the Santo Spirito (a church) and that section of Florence too.