Thursday, August 9, 2012

Weird Obsessions: Mt Rushmore

I think we all know I have some weird/strange obsessions.  In people form.

Bob Barker.  Joe Biden.  Tom Arnold.

I've had phases of loving Richard Dawson and Sitting Bull, among others.

It's what made me who I am.  A strange, strange young girl.

I also had a historical love crush on Theodore Roosevelt at one point in my life.  I named a car after him.  Which is one of the reasons I have always wanted to go to Mt. Rushmore.  His face? 60 feet tall?  On a mountain?  Oh sure!

Again, kids, if you can dream it, you can do it.

Enter my trip to Mt. Rushmore:




What made it even mo' betta was the fact that Sturgis Bike Rally is going on this very week, meaning lots of bikers/tattoos/bandanas/beards/shirtless old guys/happiness.  
(it also kind of made it more difficult, because finding a campsite was harder than i had imagined, but it was worth it.  i woke up to lots of colorful language and biker bedhead. aww yeah)




(even the dogs got into the spirit of the bike rally)

We also hit up the Jewel Caves on our short road trip to South Dakota.  We had a real entertaining Park Ranger tour guide and some very enthusiastic biker-esque couples from SLC in our tour group, making it a definite highlight of the trip/my life.




Thanks, South Dakota, for the warm welcome. And no thanks, Wyoming, for your existence.

1 comment:

Cora Newman said...

No one live in Wyoming.