Saturday, September 29, 2012

This Week

This week was full of good things.  So good, in fact, that I'm finding the only time to blog right now.  At this very moment.  Late Friday night.

I'll take it.

Every week I tutor a Mexican couple who are wanting to take the citizenship exam soon.  We go over the questions they will be asked and practice speaking for the verbal portion, as well as review some other things that will be included in their experience.  I love them.  So much.  They are such a nice couple (and not only because they bring me homemade mexican food-bonus!) and we seriously laugh half the time we are studying.  They told me they'll bring me a super hot/spicy burrito next week.  I can't wait.

I've also gotten really into estate sales.  Today we went to 7.  It was kind of awesome but also kind of embarrassing, because I think it makes us seem like we're 80 years old.  The one thing I kind of regret not buying?  A fur coat.  The thing I am most happy about buying?  Tarot cards.  (judge me).  I think I love it so much because I get to rifle through other peoples things...and it's totally ok! (even encouraged).  You know the one Seinfeld episode when Jerry finds the fungus cream in the girls medicine cabinet and they talk about people who are nosy and just go through other peoples things?  That's totally me.  Anyways, it's good but it's also bad because now I'm getting in the habit of just walking into people's homes and asking how much things cost.  Awesome.

I also went to the zoo.  NW was a champ and made it happen, which I appreciated.  It turned out being a perfect day for animal watching (minus the otters who were MIA) because the crowds were limited and the weather was not too hot, not too cold (all you need is a light jacket).  It brought back memories of the one time I ate whatever bug they gave us to feed the birds (it was a dare) (and it was also a lot more recent than i'd like to admit on this blog) and I even wore my animal print scarf (shout-out to the last time when i went to the zoo and everyone wore an animal/animal print.  solid work, guys).  And I bought an icee in a cool cup.  Hello, I am Cindy, and I am 4 years old.

Other cool things accomplished this week?  Homemade eclairs, Costco hot dogs, more estate sales, being a winner at Jeopardy, and Grandma's 87th birthday.

Next week has a lot to live up to.


2 comments:

Natalie said...

You make me feel like I have no life.

Jill said...

Why is your funemployment so much more fun than mine?
Also, I at first thought you were referring to the day we dared you to eat a bug whilst Johnny B scaled a mountain...but then I realized that was a different bug-eating incident.