Thursday, November 29, 2012

Hey-o!

I thought my squirrel story was good enough to keep you on the edge of your seats for awhile, hence the silence this blog has entertained for the last few (too many) days.

But really I have suddenly become very busy.  Too busy, in my opinion.  I hate being busy.  Some people love having structure at every turn.  I despise it.  I want to pause things for a day and just watch Seinfeld for a couple hours.  Or play the piano.  Or sit there.  If there is anything I'm good at-it's sitting there.  I have one friend (Darren-he used to get more shout-outs on the blog but then he got married.  and now he is dead to me) and me and him (he's better than i am at it) and we were champions at doing nothing.  In fact, thats probably what keeps me and my friends together.  Our ability to do nothing and still have a good time.  Well, that and eating.  We love eating.


Anyways, that was a tangent.  


My new job is working with middle school students and there are quite a few characters there.  I'm still trying to figure out how much I'll be able to share on this blog from my days with them, but for the most part they are real good kids.  There are some that I already love unconditionally and some I want to never have in class again.  But we'll work through it.  One group of students already told me that I didn't seem like a professional...and that I seemed like more of a party girl.  I don't know where they get this stuff.  All I did was tell them I like the rapper Wiz Khalifa.  But who doesn't?

Which leads me to another point: I wish I could hate Chris Brown but I've had his latest album playing almost non-stop for the last couple weeks.  I love it so much.  


Other things I love?  The weekend, turkey (Thanksgiving video forthcoming, btw), Pitch Perfect, and Doritos tacos from TB.  But everyone already knows that.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Pitch Perfect and doing nothing...that sounds like a match made in heaven!