Sunday, January 27, 2013

OH WOW

I've been flying under the radar the last couple weeks, for reasons I will not get into on this ol' blog.  But I think I'm clawing my way out of the sadness and yesterday I made my way to the movie theatre for a solo double feature.

I love double features.

But yesterday I felt a little bit seasick as I walked out of the theatre.  I watched The Impossible first.  So, so, so good.  Also, I cried in it.  More than once.  It was the perfect movie to see alone because I didn't feel overly embarrassed because of my tears.  And you guys, I rarely (if ever) cry at the movies.  But that movie makes you feel real emotions.  

Then I saw The Life of Pi.  I wanted to like it, I really did.  But I kind of hated it.  I secretly wanted the tiger to start talking half way through the movie (spoiler alert-it doesn't) because I was so over it. I almost walked out, but I had nothing better to do with my day.  So I stayed.  And it ended and I left as soon as I could.  I mean, I could appreciate some of it, but not all of it.  I think lots of people might judge me for this confession, but I can take it.  


Also, I went to Bear Lake last weekend with my favorites.  The weekend included lots of movies, naps, a fist fight over pizza rolls, a snow angel, and candy.  Lots of candy.  It was perfect.  


(I stole this pic from Katie, but she'll deal.)  


And I'm still confused over my feelings for Ray Lewis.  

I am not confused over my feelings for Joe Biden.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Bahaha! I forgot about the fist fight! Pizza rolls also make you feel real emotions.

Natalie said...

LOVE that dress on you. Major babe.