Friday, January 3, 2014

Systems slash goals

You read that last post and only wanted more, didn't you?


I respect that.



What? You also want a selfie with every post this year?  Ok, fine.  I'll oblige.  Good thing one of my goals for the new year is to shower more (also, surprisingly, not the first time i've had to make this goal).  Everyone wins!  Except me.  Showering takes so much effort.

Anyways.  You're probably wondering what kinds of goals or systems (insert: i like the idea of making systems rather than goals; this article really resonated with me) I want to put in place for this upcoming year.  I mean, after 2013, what more could a girl want in her life?  

A lot. 
 (I'm so selfish, aren't I?)

Instead of wanting to only make big changes in my life, I want to really focus on making small, positive changes to my world.  Those are always the hardest, though, so I'll probably also make some ridiculous goals so I can win at something.

I really want to work on being actively aware of those around me and to take action when necessary.  Too often I feel like I ignore these kinds of opportunities and make up excuses.  I'm really good at making up excuses or justifying things.  I'm going to try to make this happen less.  And love people more.

Ugh.  Another thing I'm going to work on?  Being emotionally vulnerable.  I bet you're wondering how I'm going to do this, or what system I'm going to try to put in place to achieve this...I am wondering the same thing.  I've been feeling a lot of emotions recently and instead of ignoring them, I've been trying to address them.  I think that's a good start for now.  Also, this blog?  We gonna get real up in here.  This scares me.

I also want to start making grocery lists when I go shopping.

And have brunch more often.  Denver is all about brunch and I want in on that mid-morning party.






No comments: