Skip to main content

Life

I'm pretty sure this semester will be the toughest ever. Not only is it my last real semester (i'll have to be here for spring term-through june) but the classes I am signed up for are mostly really boring. I mean, I am sure I will probably learn something somewhat useful in my Medieval French Allegory class, but as of yet, I am just not sure. And my philosophy class on Thomas Aquinas will be rockin'...only not. Way cool teachers, but just really boring. So it'll be an adventure. I am dedicated to going to class even though I might be less than interested in these topics. On the other hand, I am rather excited about my Modern Europe history class. I think the lectures will be interesting and I will learn a lot. I just get giddy about Europe!

Seeing as though graduation is close at hand, I have began to try and figure out my future, to no avail. I am applying to teach English in France, but will not find out if I am accepted until May I believe, and if that doesn't work out I think I want to move to D.C. Every time I think I am starting to have a plan, however, things usually change. So I am mostly deciding NOT to plan anything and see where life takes me. And I'm pumped about it. It will be a marvelous and crazy adventure.

Insert: I just looked over and saw the remnants of my last airline ticket from Frontier. I flew from Denver to SLC last Friday and was sorely disappointed with the service I received. First off, and I know there is nothing that could have really been done about this, but we had to wait over an extra hour to take off from Denver because our crew was late. Then the flight had the worst turbulence ever (again, not a blame for Frontier because I know it wasn't their fault). The real problem was the fact that it took my bag until Tuesday to get to Utah. I don't know exactly how the people at Frontier managed to prolong finding my bag, as it can't just get up and walk by itself, but I was finally saved when someone with smarts answered the phone in the baggage claim in SLC. Trina-thank you. and thank you to the old man who drove the truck that brought the bag to my doorstep. Those two should be given money for their wise efforts.

I've been reading a lot more-I finished The Kiterunner and A Thousand Splendid Suns the past couple weeks and I have loved them. However depressing they are to read, they have seemed to give me a glimpse into the lives of those who experience war firsthand in their everyday 'normal' lives. Rough.

Also, I don't really like Mitt Romney.

Comments

Meg said…
Cindy- don't worry. Your semester will come together. Wow- teaching french! I say go for it!
Babzanne Barker said…
How can you not like Mitt Romney? I realize you wrote this blog a long time ago but sometimes I just read and read and can't stop. Good goals, though! And congratulations on having such a cute new nephew! --Babzanne
Rachel said…
You should definitely move to DC! It's a wonderful city and it reminds me of Paris. You would love it.

Popular posts from this blog

Another confession

(this isn't about the same subject matter as before) A lot of the time when I meet people I feel like I know them from somewhere. A good percentage of the time I realize the only way I know them is that they resemble one of the characters on the classic board game Guess Who? Does this happen to anyone else?!?!

Recent Obsession Flair-ups

You know how there are some things that you love so much and you experience these things a ton but then after awhile they just seem to fade out? But then some time passes and you almost rediscover these things with new eyes and obsess over them again almost worse than the first time? This has recently happened to me with a few things. They include: Elton John Tater Tots Seinfeld Showering Grape Juice Thats it. PS: (Did you know?!) Thanks to Dare-bear-stare for helping me learn that my own Denver International Airport is the largest airport in the U.S. at 53 square miles! Props to Denver yet again!

Take Home Chef Wannabe

So once upon a time my friend Jeff and I made up our own little tradition. We called it "Friday Picture" and each Friday we would walk around campus and take a picture with the most awkward/awesome/unique looking individual we could find. It was something I looked forward to every week, and we would constantly surprise ourselves with the kind of people we'd see walking around BYU. A lot of weridos there. One day we decided to meander through the library to see if there was anyone extra special for our Friday Picture. Boyyy, did we find that special person! World, meet Take Home Chef Lookalike. I saw him and I couldn't believe the similarities. The striking features. The blond, pointy hair. We even found some silverware to make the photo more true to life. ( The real Curtis Stone ) Try to tell me they don't look alike. Just try. I think the best part of the story is that Jeff's girlfriend at the time (now wife) had dated Take Home Chef-a-like. And we di...