Skip to main content

Korean Birthday

First off, I appreciate all the birthday love in my life via fb, gchat, and email.

Am I really 24? Wild.

It was a pretty awesome bday, minus my outbreak of hives that helped me experience the Korean clinic sans a translator. Ugh to that.

But, other than that, it was awesome.

First off, I had to teach all day. So why not teach them about birthdays? I brought in a little treat for every student (which turned out to be more than I was thinking) and we tried to do a little activity but they stopped paying attention to me so I just made stuff up. I also forced each class to take a photo with me. Suckers.

two things:
1. my outfit-i'm sorry
2. yes it is hard telling them apart-but i'm getting better


This class was more excited about life, so I made them sing to me. Bahahaha.



My bday night was spent with some peeps from my church-we grabbed some Indian food for dinner, which is my favorite and I'm craving some more right now.

And then I met up with friends in Songtan for a good time.

As you can see, it was jam packed full of randomness. Just the way I like it. And even though I had to turn down a birthday shot or two, I'll say my Korean birthday was a success.

Comments

Kazeryuji said…
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CINDY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Elizabeth said…
This is my favorite post yet! Loved the video. :)
San Ba Po said…
Cindy, your students are lovely~! Absolutely loved the birthday song from the students! hope you are feeling better with the hives.
dianita said…
I LOVE LOVE LOVE THE SINGING. And wow, you have literally 50 kids in one class. and they do look much older than 7th grade...... p.s. the word verification i have to type in in order to make this comment is "bootey"...just thought i would tell you.

Popular posts from this blog

Another confession

(this isn't about the same subject matter as before) A lot of the time when I meet people I feel like I know them from somewhere. A good percentage of the time I realize the only way I know them is that they resemble one of the characters on the classic board game Guess Who? Does this happen to anyone else?!?!

Recent Obsession Flair-ups

You know how there are some things that you love so much and you experience these things a ton but then after awhile they just seem to fade out? But then some time passes and you almost rediscover these things with new eyes and obsess over them again almost worse than the first time? This has recently happened to me with a few things. They include: Elton John Tater Tots Seinfeld Showering Grape Juice Thats it. PS: (Did you know?!) Thanks to Dare-bear-stare for helping me learn that my own Denver International Airport is the largest airport in the U.S. at 53 square miles! Props to Denver yet again!

Take Home Chef Wannabe

So once upon a time my friend Jeff and I made up our own little tradition. We called it "Friday Picture" and each Friday we would walk around campus and take a picture with the most awkward/awesome/unique looking individual we could find. It was something I looked forward to every week, and we would constantly surprise ourselves with the kind of people we'd see walking around BYU. A lot of weridos there. One day we decided to meander through the library to see if there was anyone extra special for our Friday Picture. Boyyy, did we find that special person! World, meet Take Home Chef Lookalike. I saw him and I couldn't believe the similarities. The striking features. The blond, pointy hair. We even found some silverware to make the photo more true to life. ( The real Curtis Stone ) Try to tell me they don't look alike. Just try. I think the best part of the story is that Jeff's girlfriend at the time (now wife) had dated Take Home Chef-a-like. And we di...