It's that time of year again! How exciting.
I counted and I saw 44 movies that were released in 2009. You'd think this would give me a pretty good understanding for the film industry. It doesn't. Most movies I see go unnoticed by the Academy...and when the movies are Ghosts of Girlfriends Past and the likes, I understand.
Anyways, here are my predictions for this years Oscars!
Best Picture: Avatar
Actor in a Leading Role: Morgan Freeman, Invictus
Actor in a Supporting Role: Christoph Waltz, Inglorious Basterds
Actress in a Leading Role: Sandra Bullock, The Blind Side
Actress in a Supporting Role: Vera Farmiga, Up in the Air
Animated Feature Film: Up
Documentary Feature: Burma VJ
Foreign Language Film: The White Ribbon (Das Weisse Band)
Music (Original Score): The Hurt Locker
Best Adapted Screenplay: An Education
Best Original Screenplay: Inglorious Basterds
And that's that. Someone let me know if I win, because I'm pretty sure I'll be teaching in the middle of the actual ceremony. Sad.
I counted and I saw 44 movies that were released in 2009. You'd think this would give me a pretty good understanding for the film industry. It doesn't. Most movies I see go unnoticed by the Academy...and when the movies are Ghosts of Girlfriends Past and the likes, I understand.
Anyways, here are my predictions for this years Oscars!
Best Picture: Avatar
Actor in a Leading Role: Morgan Freeman, Invictus
Actor in a Supporting Role: Christoph Waltz, Inglorious Basterds
Actress in a Leading Role: Sandra Bullock, The Blind Side
Actress in a Supporting Role: Vera Farmiga, Up in the Air
Animated Feature Film: Up
Documentary Feature: Burma VJ
Foreign Language Film: The White Ribbon (Das Weisse Band)
Music (Original Score): The Hurt Locker
Best Adapted Screenplay: An Education
Best Original Screenplay: Inglorious Basterds
And that's that. Someone let me know if I win, because I'm pretty sure I'll be teaching in the middle of the actual ceremony. Sad.
Comments
Geez.