Skip to main content

Name that tune

So, just got back from a weekend trip to none other than China!

I hope my COT doesn't see this. Because I had a h-e-double hockey stick of a time answering her million questions about my sickness from Thursday and Friday. I feel like I'm taking a risk just by posting this...

(i'm slightly, or more than slightly, paranoid)


BUT

China was a good time. For sure.

Highlights include:
Meeting up with Mark! Made the trip totally worth it!
Becoming bff's with the hostel workers
Eating scorpion and snake
A big wall
Chinese acrobats
Haggling for everything we bought
Dressing up in Chinese clothes
Learning the Chinese numbers
Playing Name that Tune for our million hour walk home
Eating a Dairy Queen Blizzard
Hearing a man play The Star Spangled Banner on his saxophone in the park
Eating ice cream in the Forbidden City
The Chinese gut (tbbl -to be blogged later)

Lowlights:
The Chinese gut
Fog on the great wall
Air that burned the lungs with every breath
Eating scorpions and snake (but mostly snake-icky)
The most aggressive sales people ever

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiZPqJwn_fB2UHiG86TNTyRIHtDnRPvxAQ9vslAdmmffgwx4ekuyWFMyfWmTTIwmSV1_hZOISbHjOeAmRgrAnbmAUgy86QimLchfTpswF0bDxR4W0HxqJY-ryXh9z4sHr5Q0afXw_peZyN1/s1600/SDC11532.JPGhttps://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhJADCyJYFnycQ7NL4S81eBWQUbvHfix0s8Ka2uA8Uwh_jJfjOq6KB2llNVN5n-BtaLldOXRHU3WC27kbHcwuYKPB8_Es2yyC6Ge2FjF7Ii3cfxXbvGG4qd9P54ub9JXOjlloRQt-jwZPAA/s1600/SDC11516.JPGhttps://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEj3TYr-0x7_ojBsUNwgYM8EdS1QNGhFgHqhQCsd3YSmtVdcKQtc8nnPyoM_TouJaoPN0nBcalkZBs89k6ot05lriBALjBpcTU-0QU2p_CKnNQghHAsMvh0ytzOytJJ579oOoDAUfZd1a3Qe/s1600/SDC11613.JPGhttps://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgCY2b9sQrMjEOKTAuVv3SaWU5wG1I4B0_vEd9MgyXS1ajI1-tSjaLo0l1mkzFCJNfxesLD1qTTyND6BF20HatMTqCqvqUKZRsinNJZnVULGJubU2End5OZLjkNL_SCUDrYZjIb5Sj-oeew/s1600/SDC11590.JPGhttps://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEioo-T6LYWhM80LH1lGL9X19Z-ckjzaD9XaRd8Eku7UPhZNfkJw8aC0WWGP2LcIh0ct4lWiGDBXctzZVm3V1JtHMlu4lbdRsQw2LmHgtNltVq17vtjcXcnRS4-YAmmoAvNRg4QlXyHstPvv/s1600/SDC11570.JPG









and on my way back, i got upgraded to business class.

bam.

Comments

M said…
Dear Cindy,
I am so jealous of your adventurous endeavors. You are a travel maniac! I hope you found the hood in every place you have gone.
love,
Mindy
So jealous! Love the pictures! And, WHY did you eat scorpion and snake?! Ewww!
Unknown said…
Oh MAN I wish I was on that trip with you guys!!!! Seriously it looks like you guys had the greatest time and I want to bust up laughing just looking at the pictures. The pictures of you guys dressed up like China people is priceless. And Mark looks different with a shaved head.

Popular posts from this blog

Another confession

(this isn't about the same subject matter as before) A lot of the time when I meet people I feel like I know them from somewhere. A good percentage of the time I realize the only way I know them is that they resemble one of the characters on the classic board game Guess Who? Does this happen to anyone else?!?!

Recent Obsession Flair-ups

You know how there are some things that you love so much and you experience these things a ton but then after awhile they just seem to fade out? But then some time passes and you almost rediscover these things with new eyes and obsess over them again almost worse than the first time? This has recently happened to me with a few things. They include: Elton John Tater Tots Seinfeld Showering Grape Juice Thats it. PS: (Did you know?!) Thanks to Dare-bear-stare for helping me learn that my own Denver International Airport is the largest airport in the U.S. at 53 square miles! Props to Denver yet again!

Take Home Chef Wannabe

So once upon a time my friend Jeff and I made up our own little tradition. We called it "Friday Picture" and each Friday we would walk around campus and take a picture with the most awkward/awesome/unique looking individual we could find. It was something I looked forward to every week, and we would constantly surprise ourselves with the kind of people we'd see walking around BYU. A lot of weridos there. One day we decided to meander through the library to see if there was anyone extra special for our Friday Picture. Boyyy, did we find that special person! World, meet Take Home Chef Lookalike. I saw him and I couldn't believe the similarities. The striking features. The blond, pointy hair. We even found some silverware to make the photo more true to life. ( The real Curtis Stone ) Try to tell me they don't look alike. Just try. I think the best part of the story is that Jeff's girlfriend at the time (now wife) had dated Take Home Chef-a-like. And we di...