Skip to main content

What I meant to say was...

When I said I knew what you were thinking, I didn't actually mean that I could read your mind. Although I'm pretty good at that, too.

I was going to blog a whole post about how I knew you were thinking "Where has Cindy gone? Why hasn't she been blogging? What am I supposed to do when I don't have anything to do at work and Cindy hasn't blogged for a whole 3 weeks?".

Sometimes life is hard. I'm sorry, blogging friends.

The last three weeks has been full of crazy time and busy time and awesome time. And I intend to share all the emotional shreds of life with you.

I have moved from my home in Pyeongtaek, South Korea to a little town called Provo. Thats right, kids. I'm back to the homeland.

It was a tough decision, and it by far wasn't my first choice in a relocation. The lights and concrete jungle of New York really started screaming my name, but when a job offer came that I couldn't resist (meaning I can't resist a job working with Darren) I had to jump at it (and on him). Because really, you can't be too picky in this economy. And moving back to Provo has had its high points. Like, I get to party all the time with my friends. And plenty of burritos and frozen yogurt. What more do you need?

I do miss my home in Korea, though. A tribute is forthcoming. But I wish I could adequately express how I felt about leaving and my love for that little peninsula. I love slash miss it a lot. I also miss my peeps there. My life will never be the same.





The day before I left I gave my email address to my students, hoping we could stay friends for just a little while longer. So glad I did, because I've already got some great emails:

"Hi Cindy, sir. I 'Kim hyojeong' anti-student teachers 'Kim hwiyoung' is. Supposedly it was sad to leave you for a teacher. She left so suddenly, but I do not know what really sad. The teacher drove me, I really enjoyed myself. And take pictures that the teacher took it I think I have a funny face hoon. But I do not know how to send pictures, we'll send;; and last gyeoulttyae out together in the sajinjjikeulttyae Do you remember? Then the teacher who was pierced by throwing snowballs. It's the end of the day was really fun.Sir, please reply to this post, if you must.
Bye-bye."

I promise I taught them English. And I promise I'm not a sir.

And if you can translate this, I would really really appreciate it.

Back to blogging,

Cindy

Comments

Erin said…
So when are we going to run into each other at Cafe Rio where you're eating with some friends and I know them too, and we had no idea that we all knew each other?
Unknown said…
Cindy...you are in Provo and you have not contacted me?!?! I am angry, yet still quite excited. We must get together like now. I do not have a car anymore, so it might be difficult, but I'm sure we can work something out. LOVED the email from your student...i laughed.

Popular posts from this blog

Another confession

(this isn't about the same subject matter as before) A lot of the time when I meet people I feel like I know them from somewhere. A good percentage of the time I realize the only way I know them is that they resemble one of the characters on the classic board game Guess Who? Does this happen to anyone else?!?!

Recent Obsession Flair-ups

You know how there are some things that you love so much and you experience these things a ton but then after awhile they just seem to fade out? But then some time passes and you almost rediscover these things with new eyes and obsess over them again almost worse than the first time? This has recently happened to me with a few things. They include: Elton John Tater Tots Seinfeld Showering Grape Juice Thats it. PS: (Did you know?!) Thanks to Dare-bear-stare for helping me learn that my own Denver International Airport is the largest airport in the U.S. at 53 square miles! Props to Denver yet again!

Take Home Chef Wannabe

So once upon a time my friend Jeff and I made up our own little tradition. We called it "Friday Picture" and each Friday we would walk around campus and take a picture with the most awkward/awesome/unique looking individual we could find. It was something I looked forward to every week, and we would constantly surprise ourselves with the kind of people we'd see walking around BYU. A lot of weridos there. One day we decided to meander through the library to see if there was anyone extra special for our Friday Picture. Boyyy, did we find that special person! World, meet Take Home Chef Lookalike. I saw him and I couldn't believe the similarities. The striking features. The blond, pointy hair. We even found some silverware to make the photo more true to life. ( The real Curtis Stone ) Try to tell me they don't look alike. Just try. I think the best part of the story is that Jeff's girlfriend at the time (now wife) had dated Take Home Chef-a-like. And we di...