Skip to main content

Pink Cast

Hola my amigos.

First off, can we all just appreciate this little gem found on CNN.com this morning? It is a blurb found under the heading "In case you missed it"


A doctor in Ecuador notices his shortest patients are some of his

healthiest. Evidence is mounting that a brown dwarf star or a gas

giant planet is part of our solar system. A look back at some of

the week's best stories.


Can we please take a moment to recognize that they talk about short patients in Ecuador and then immediately follow it with talk about a brown dwarf star? Is it just me or could the patients in Ecuador also be considered brown dwarfs? HEYOOO. Totally not PC but I mean it in the best way possible.

Also, I had surgery yesterday. I now only have one bunion instead of two. But on the foot lacking a bunion I am sporting a large and in charge pink cast. If you are bored and/or love me you can sign it. I'll be here for awhile.


This also hopefully means I'll have a lot of time for productive stuff in my life that I have been neglecting. aka blogging.

And if some of the things I write don't make a lot of sense, blame the drugs. Or give props to the drugs. Whichever you want.

And my mom took some pictures of me in post-op yesterday. They aren't flattering in the least, but if you're good I'll show you.


Comments

M said…
I love the pink cast. I kinda wish I could get surgery just so I could have one too. Also, I would love to see the pics your mom took :) I hope you recover quickly and that all is well cindizzle! (Mindy)
D said…
Let the movie watching begin!!
Jill said…
1. I want to sign your cast. This I have already told you.
2. I want to see the pics. And you in person.
3. I need to come visit because I have something for you.
Rachel said…
I hope the recovery goes well! Bunion surgery sounds not so great...

Popular posts from this blog

Another confession

(this isn't about the same subject matter as before) A lot of the time when I meet people I feel like I know them from somewhere. A good percentage of the time I realize the only way I know them is that they resemble one of the characters on the classic board game Guess Who? Does this happen to anyone else?!?!

Recent Obsession Flair-ups

You know how there are some things that you love so much and you experience these things a ton but then after awhile they just seem to fade out? But then some time passes and you almost rediscover these things with new eyes and obsess over them again almost worse than the first time? This has recently happened to me with a few things. They include: Elton John Tater Tots Seinfeld Showering Grape Juice Thats it. PS: (Did you know?!) Thanks to Dare-bear-stare for helping me learn that my own Denver International Airport is the largest airport in the U.S. at 53 square miles! Props to Denver yet again!

Take Home Chef Wannabe

So once upon a time my friend Jeff and I made up our own little tradition. We called it "Friday Picture" and each Friday we would walk around campus and take a picture with the most awkward/awesome/unique looking individual we could find. It was something I looked forward to every week, and we would constantly surprise ourselves with the kind of people we'd see walking around BYU. A lot of weridos there. One day we decided to meander through the library to see if there was anyone extra special for our Friday Picture. Boyyy, did we find that special person! World, meet Take Home Chef Lookalike. I saw him and I couldn't believe the similarities. The striking features. The blond, pointy hair. We even found some silverware to make the photo more true to life. ( The real Curtis Stone ) Try to tell me they don't look alike. Just try. I think the best part of the story is that Jeff's girlfriend at the time (now wife) had dated Take Home Chef-a-like. And we di...