Skip to main content

Big Weekend

It's been a good weekend here in the world of Cindy.

I hung out with friends-I have friends! They are cool. On Friday we ventured out to the Mile High Market wherein we were slightly disappointed by the flea market, but then we got to the furniture section of the market and I automatically wanted to buy lots of things I didn't need. It was then followed by a psychoanalysis that I'm craving furniture because I'm also craving some roots in my life. Always picking up and going-thats what I do.

Anyways. That wasn't important. What's important here is that after that we went to Casa Bonita! If you don't know Casa Bonita, you should. And if you ever come to Denver, you should go there. Because it is awesome. It is a Mexican Restaurant unlike any other restaurant.


Inside it has cliff divers, Black Bart's Cave, an all you can eat dinner menu (so a lot of average food!) and its just like you're eating in the middle of a Mexican villa. And I just read on Wikipedia that it used to be a chain of restaurants, but the one in Denver is the only one left. Don't let it follow in the steps of its brothers and close. Go there.

I also went to my little brothers band competition. It was a first in my life. But it was pretty entertaining and they had really good soft pretzels.

Two other life changing things happened this weekend:

I won a game of Hearts! I won't post the other screen shot because it says how many games I've won and how many I've lost. And thats just really embarrassing. But just know-I won.


ALSO! This is maybe the most life changing:


Do you see that? One of the people who shaped my childhood (and who is featured in the classic and hilarious movie The Stupids) IS FOLLOWING ME ON TWITTER. WE CAN COMMUNICATE. I am so excited. Sure he made a mistake by dating Rosanne, but nobody is perfect.

What should I say to him? I need your help.

Comments

Unknown said…
When I read the part about Tom Arnold I almost fell out of my chair. I was laughing pretty good.
Janna said…
You know, I could really use some more furniture here. Take that into consideration. Also, Tom Arnold following you legitimately just made my day, I can only imagine how you feel.
Jill said…
Your interaction with celebrity has inspired me to finish writing my letter to Brian Wilson (and by finish I mean start).

I'm so happy for you.

Popular posts from this blog

Another confession

(this isn't about the same subject matter as before) A lot of the time when I meet people I feel like I know them from somewhere. A good percentage of the time I realize the only way I know them is that they resemble one of the characters on the classic board game Guess Who? Does this happen to anyone else?!?!

Recent Obsession Flair-ups

You know how there are some things that you love so much and you experience these things a ton but then after awhile they just seem to fade out? But then some time passes and you almost rediscover these things with new eyes and obsess over them again almost worse than the first time? This has recently happened to me with a few things. They include: Elton John Tater Tots Seinfeld Showering Grape Juice Thats it. PS: (Did you know?!) Thanks to Dare-bear-stare for helping me learn that my own Denver International Airport is the largest airport in the U.S. at 53 square miles! Props to Denver yet again!

Take Home Chef Wannabe

So once upon a time my friend Jeff and I made up our own little tradition. We called it "Friday Picture" and each Friday we would walk around campus and take a picture with the most awkward/awesome/unique looking individual we could find. It was something I looked forward to every week, and we would constantly surprise ourselves with the kind of people we'd see walking around BYU. A lot of weridos there. One day we decided to meander through the library to see if there was anyone extra special for our Friday Picture. Boyyy, did we find that special person! World, meet Take Home Chef Lookalike. I saw him and I couldn't believe the similarities. The striking features. The blond, pointy hair. We even found some silverware to make the photo more true to life. ( The real Curtis Stone ) Try to tell me they don't look alike. Just try. I think the best part of the story is that Jeff's girlfriend at the time (now wife) had dated Take Home Chef-a-like. And we di...