Skip to main content

Libraries and trains


First off, I found this on the little site Pinterest the other day and it perfectly fits all my current needs.  How do I get one of these?  Seriously.  I need it.  
(birthday idea!) 
(actually probably don't get this for me because i would be too ashamed to 
openly display my loneliness in public) 
(actually i probably wouldn't be too ashamed)

Also, I got a job.

I was in London all weekend, with my train arriving back into York on Monday morning.  The interview was set up after I had bought my tickets and as I tried to change the time, it was impossible to do so.  


I wasn't really worried, because my arrival time was a full hour before my interview was to start, so I was confident in my ability to make it happen.

What I didn't expect was the 30 minute train delay.  Blast!


Still, we made it back and I told myself I'd just go straight to the library, luggage and all.  I was a little worried when the bus pulled over to check for a flat tire (thinking, 'but of course this is happening to me! i have an interview in ten minutes'), but we soon started the journey again with no problem.


I get to the library.  The sweetest looking little old lady takes me upstairs for a 'shelving test'.  Never have I been so nervous to alphabetize books.  But, I know my ABC's.  Owned it.


Then I go meet with two women for my official interview.  It was pretty standard, with typical interview questions and my pretty typical responses, but one lady did use the word "smashing" twice to describe my answers.  I love that word.  

As I got up to leave, I said my goodbyes and I threw my little duffel bag over my shoulder.

This led to a decent sized white board that had been leaning against the wall to come crashing down...onto my head.

Three hours later, the job was mine.

I make really good first impressions.


Comments

Mrs. Hembree said…
Hahaha....you do make good first impressions! Glad you got the job!
stewedslacker said…
Good job with the Alphabet. Doing BYU proud ;)
Cora Newman said…
But you're not shelving books for the Lord.

Popular posts from this blog

Another confession

(this isn't about the same subject matter as before) A lot of the time when I meet people I feel like I know them from somewhere. A good percentage of the time I realize the only way I know them is that they resemble one of the characters on the classic board game Guess Who? Does this happen to anyone else?!?!

Recent Obsession Flair-ups

You know how there are some things that you love so much and you experience these things a ton but then after awhile they just seem to fade out? But then some time passes and you almost rediscover these things with new eyes and obsess over them again almost worse than the first time? This has recently happened to me with a few things. They include: Elton John Tater Tots Seinfeld Showering Grape Juice Thats it. PS: (Did you know?!) Thanks to Dare-bear-stare for helping me learn that my own Denver International Airport is the largest airport in the U.S. at 53 square miles! Props to Denver yet again!

Take Home Chef Wannabe

So once upon a time my friend Jeff and I made up our own little tradition. We called it "Friday Picture" and each Friday we would walk around campus and take a picture with the most awkward/awesome/unique looking individual we could find. It was something I looked forward to every week, and we would constantly surprise ourselves with the kind of people we'd see walking around BYU. A lot of weridos there. One day we decided to meander through the library to see if there was anyone extra special for our Friday Picture. Boyyy, did we find that special person! World, meet Take Home Chef Lookalike. I saw him and I couldn't believe the similarities. The striking features. The blond, pointy hair. We even found some silverware to make the photo more true to life. ( The real Curtis Stone ) Try to tell me they don't look alike. Just try. I think the best part of the story is that Jeff's girlfriend at the time (now wife) had dated Take Home Chef-a-like. And we di...