Skip to main content

Today

I was the only one at the gym tonight for a little while.  It's not a huge gym, so I could be confident no one heard me when I was singing along to the songs playing overhead as well as quoting along to The Lion King.  I was seriously so excited when I pulled up the Disney channel and saw Timon and Pumba.  It has been years since I've seen it, but I still got the script down like a champion.  You just want Samba and Nala to be happy, you know what I mean?

One of my coworkers rode his bike to school today.  He rolled into our classroom about ten minutes late wearing his tshirt and slacks and quickly grabbed his button-up shirt out of his backpack.  He peeked in to see if our boss was in the adjacent room (she was) and so he immediately just tossed his button-up on over his sweaty tshirt.  And then, in his own little special tone, he looked at us and said, "business casual".  I don't know if this is funny to anyone else, but it was hysterical when it happened.  

Work is a little bit ridiculous, so we have to take what we can get in entertainment.  Otherwise we would go a little bit crazy.  Which is probably still true.

Ok, well the point of this little blog was to welcome the new year (2013!) and tell you how excited I am.  I already have big plans like getting my wisdom teeth out and sleeping in as much as possible, and maybe I'll post my goal list on here sometime soon, but I can't promise anything because we all know I've been a bit LAME-O at updating this blog.

I've also seen several/most movies currently out and may or may not throw my two cents in on here, too.

But mostly, I love cake.

Comments

Jill said…
I watched the Mighty Ducks the other day and despite having not seen it in years, could still quote the entire movie. The thing is, I don't REMEMBER my childhood being filled with watching the same movies over and over and over but apparently it was.

Popular posts from this blog

Another confession

(this isn't about the same subject matter as before) A lot of the time when I meet people I feel like I know them from somewhere. A good percentage of the time I realize the only way I know them is that they resemble one of the characters on the classic board game Guess Who? Does this happen to anyone else?!?!

Recent Obsession Flair-ups

You know how there are some things that you love so much and you experience these things a ton but then after awhile they just seem to fade out? But then some time passes and you almost rediscover these things with new eyes and obsess over them again almost worse than the first time? This has recently happened to me with a few things. They include: Elton John Tater Tots Seinfeld Showering Grape Juice Thats it. PS: (Did you know?!) Thanks to Dare-bear-stare for helping me learn that my own Denver International Airport is the largest airport in the U.S. at 53 square miles! Props to Denver yet again!

Take Home Chef Wannabe

So once upon a time my friend Jeff and I made up our own little tradition. We called it "Friday Picture" and each Friday we would walk around campus and take a picture with the most awkward/awesome/unique looking individual we could find. It was something I looked forward to every week, and we would constantly surprise ourselves with the kind of people we'd see walking around BYU. A lot of weridos there. One day we decided to meander through the library to see if there was anyone extra special for our Friday Picture. Boyyy, did we find that special person! World, meet Take Home Chef Lookalike. I saw him and I couldn't believe the similarities. The striking features. The blond, pointy hair. We even found some silverware to make the photo more true to life. ( The real Curtis Stone ) Try to tell me they don't look alike. Just try. I think the best part of the story is that Jeff's girlfriend at the time (now wife) had dated Take Home Chef-a-like. And we di...