Skip to main content

My Life!

What a wild few weeks, am I right??  

These are the blog topics I have considered writing in the last 12 weeks:

-My summer travels!  They were amazing and I still think about them all the time and I dream of the next time I can head out on an adventure.  I have about 2,000 photos if you're interested in seeing them, but I'll put a couple highlights here for you now.








-Being triggered by the events of the nation!  I had no idea previous traumas would surface to a bubbling top layer of my person for the last couple weeks, but they have.  I'm very talented at compartmentalizing my past into little boxes and have hidden them away, but lots of emotions came out.  Not ready to share things out loud. But, world, I feel you.

-My new job!  I finally did what I needed to do and quit my teaching job.  It was a messy and hard couple weeks with the ending of one era of my life (7 years teaching, can you believe?!), but so far I'm enjoying this new position.  I've been welcomed into the non-profit life with less money but happier days.

-I finished an entire NYT Crossword puzzle this morning!  

-Oscar season is in full swing! You better believe I will be using my AMC A-List membership to its full advantage.  I saw 3 movies in 2 days last week!  Be proud of me.  In related news, I've had the song Shallow by Lady Gaga stuck in my head for the last 6 days.

-I bought a bed frame so for the first time in...6 years! My bed isn't sitting on the ground.  I ADULT.

-General Conference made me feel a lot of good feelings but it also made me feel some less ideal feelings!  I wanna talk about them but I don't wanna feel ostracized so unsure if one day I'll write all the things publicly.  Overall, in the words of George Michael (or Limp Bizkit, which interestingly enough was the answer to a crossword clue today), "You gotta have faith".

-I'm dating a super nice man who is kind and respects me!  He stalks my blog, so I can only say the best things here.  Luckily, there are many of the best things to say.  Let's just say we really agree on cold cereal, being emotionally transparent, and kissing.  HEYO.

-Your girl bought a bathing suit from Old Navy for $.47.  Crushed it.

That's enough for now! Maybe you'll get a whole blog post about one of these topics soon.  Maybe.

Comments

Katie C. said…
I love your face and your epic life! Tell me more about non-profiting SLASH everything else too including conference feels, but mostly your new job.

Popular posts from this blog

Another confession

(this isn't about the same subject matter as before) A lot of the time when I meet people I feel like I know them from somewhere. A good percentage of the time I realize the only way I know them is that they resemble one of the characters on the classic board game Guess Who? Does this happen to anyone else?!?!

Recent Obsession Flair-ups

You know how there are some things that you love so much and you experience these things a ton but then after awhile they just seem to fade out? But then some time passes and you almost rediscover these things with new eyes and obsess over them again almost worse than the first time? This has recently happened to me with a few things. They include: Elton John Tater Tots Seinfeld Showering Grape Juice Thats it. PS: (Did you know?!) Thanks to Dare-bear-stare for helping me learn that my own Denver International Airport is the largest airport in the U.S. at 53 square miles! Props to Denver yet again!

Take Home Chef Wannabe

So once upon a time my friend Jeff and I made up our own little tradition. We called it "Friday Picture" and each Friday we would walk around campus and take a picture with the most awkward/awesome/unique looking individual we could find. It was something I looked forward to every week, and we would constantly surprise ourselves with the kind of people we'd see walking around BYU. A lot of weridos there. One day we decided to meander through the library to see if there was anyone extra special for our Friday Picture. Boyyy, did we find that special person! World, meet Take Home Chef Lookalike. I saw him and I couldn't believe the similarities. The striking features. The blond, pointy hair. We even found some silverware to make the photo more true to life. ( The real Curtis Stone ) Try to tell me they don't look alike. Just try. I think the best part of the story is that Jeff's girlfriend at the time (now wife) had dated Take Home Chef-a-like. And we di...